PW Amphibious Plane Vera - spinning propeller prop?

I just picked up this aircraft model, it has great detail.  I haven't found an included "spinning propeller" prop to use which is kinda needed for any flying scenes.  Hopefully I am missing something or if not, perhaps someone can suggest a quick fix.  Thanks!

Comments

• What I'd do is link a disk to it, mostly transparent, co-planar with the blades.  Then lower the transparency of the blades (not the spinner) until it resembles how a photo of a spinning prop would look.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

From memory the descripton said 'props spin' which, to me, means 'merely, they (they ...? it's a single engine!) rotate, and have a dial to control that spinning.

• I borrowed a spinning prop disk from the Blue Sky Biplane, a G3M pose from the Albatross model (had to scale down G3M to 85% to fit into the Apmhibious Plane), and used an HDRI from Fantasy IBL - Above The Clouds to produce these two images:

Seaplane_flyting1.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
    Seaplane_flyting2.png
    2560 x 1440 - 6M
  • Looks good!  yes

• Thanks Gordon.  Perhaps the PA will provide an update to address a couple issues such as the scale of the plane, lack of spinning disc prop and a pose or two.  Otherwise quite a nice model.  I'm even thinking about how to use the plane with the FluidOS plugin.