The My Couch Doesn’t Have The Guts To Talk To Me Or Any Blueberries Complaint Thread.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

I like coffee and tea.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Is it true that carrots are good for eyes?

That's an old wives' tale. Never put carrots in your eyes.
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    Is it true that carrots are good for eyes?

That's an old wives' tale. Never put carrots in your eyes.

Now you tell me

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'll see if I can send some Texas summer your way! :coolsmile:

Wow, y'guys still have summer, we already swapped for autumn :(

It's usually summer here until the end of October. We just like to be different.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Our summer normally ends mid August.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Truefact: the Finnish name for August ("elokuu") is literally "harvest month".

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    20 minutes to go home time. yayy.
    then 20 - 40 minutes wait at the bus stop.
    then 60 - 70 minute bus ride
    then 30-40 minute walk home.
    no candy waiting for me at home.

din-dins:
    fresh spagett and fresh tomato and fresh mozz, canned olives, spritz of olive oil

dindin needs fresch canoli for dessert. or tiramisu.

Eegads! How far away from home do you work? :gulp:

Dana

iz a lil over 25 miles. but the great thing, i don't have to transfer to another bus. one bus all the way through :)

25 miles, and you still have to walk for 30 to 40 minutes? So the bus goes what, 15 miles? Wow. When I was working, it was about 35 miles and it took me an hour on a good day, but that's because of traffic on Rt. 24 and Rt. 128/95. But at least there was no walking involved, except from the house to the car and the garage to the building. I didn't work right in Boston proper, it was Metro West, so parking wasn't as bad...and they had their own multi-level parking garage. One hour on a good day, an hour and a half or more on a bad day. There were too many bad days. After I was laid off, I went to meet some of my co-workers for lunch now and then and it only took 35 minutes to get there.

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Cawffee then. haz half/half too. is gonna be good. :)

hmmm, montespan rooms on sale at rmp. it reminds me of Black Adder. That season ending worked out well for the Adder. Still funny to watch Dr. House talking Brittish.

I'm sure the Brits find it funny hearing him "talk American" when they watch House. After all, he was there first. I didn't know that right away, but heard him in an interview and it sounded strange to me at the time. You get used to hearing a certain voice from someone. I wonder how difficult it is for a Brit to sound like an American?

Dana

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Buses are weird.

Best-case, it's about 48 minutes on bus + 10 minute walk on either end. Worst-case, it's an hour and 35 minutes + the 10 minute walks.

The issue is, one bus only runs every 50 minutes, so if you miss one, you get to sit for a lloonngg time waiting for the next one! :bug:

Of course, when my foot isn't giving me flak, i's only a 25 minute walk home where the least-frequent bus runs. I've walked it a few times, a little downhill, a little uphill.. good exercise normally. :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

the bus shedule here is just a suggestion

dance all night doot doot doot shake it up ... shake it up

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Wish I could say that. Unfortunately the temp here is back up in the very high 80s yesterday and today. Only saving grace is the humidity is only 33%, so a lot more bearable than what we had in July where the humidity was in the mid-60s or higher. :shut:
    edited December 1969

It's mid 80F here and suppose to drop to the 70F over the weekend

edited December 1969

95F here right now, insanely sunny! :coolsmile:

Breakfast stayed down so I risked lunch, good so far... :gulp: Having a medium brewed coffee right now, nothing too strong.

I didn't think I'd be productive at all today but I've found and fixed 3 bugs in one app, and found and fixed a firmware bug that has existed for 2 years! :bug:

I need to find the texture maps for the guts tonight or tomorrow.. I'm sure there are some, somewhere. It's getting kinda nasty so I'll post the pics elsewhere from this point on to keep the TOSsers happy. :P May have to re-up my DeviantArt site, I let my premium membership lapse... :red: and I keep forgetting how erm graphic and weird I can get.. :red: :red:

edited December 1969

Complaints!

- A/C at work is acting up, kind of warm in here :-S
    - Stomach rumbling... urgh :blank:
    - Coffee not working, still sleepy
    - No writing done lately, it's all been renders :down:

Non-complaints:

- Emptied out my RDNA wishlist! :)
    - Got a couple of cheapies on FastGrab :)
    - I god paid again :lol: (can't believe I get paid to do this)

Friday will be good, bank run then throw a few $$$ on the debit card towards the vacation. I'm hoping for a renderful weekend! :cheese:

• edited December 1969

I hope I don't jinx it by saying anything, because it really isn't over yet, but it has been a surprisingly mild summer here as well. It never really climbed into the triple digits for a week or more this year, which is a cause for celebration in my book.

It has been dangerously dry nevertheless and there have been several forest fire scares that have had me outside watching the helicopters and fire bombers circling low overhead. It seems we have one or more arsonists in the area. I believe they caught one, but still I keep a close eye on the horizon and sniff the air for that certain smell of smoke, that differs from the smell of the neighbor starting up his barbie.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

hmmm, montespan rooms on sale at rmp. it reminds me of Black Adder. That season ending worked out well for the Adder. Still funny to watch Dr. House talking Brittish.

I'm sure the Brits find it funny hearing him "talk American" when they watch House. After all, he was there first. I didn't know that right away, but heard him in an interview and it sounded strange to me at the time. You get used to hearing a certain voice from someone. I wonder how difficult it is for a Brit to sound like an American?

Dana
    I don't know but Bob Hoskins was great at it.

edited December 1969

Complaints!

Non-complaints:

Friday will be good, bank run then throw a few $$$ on the debit card towards the vacation. I'm hoping for a renderful weekend! :cheese:

i used to plan to write while the renders are a rendering, but after months of trying, realized switching headspace like that doesn't really work out.
    my imagination can't run wild when i'm distracted about other projects.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I don't know but Bob Hoskins was great at it.

tee hee. when Craig Furgeson was interviewing Sir Anthony Hopkins, he was calling him Tony. :)

edited December 1969

Complaints!

Non-complaints:

i used to plan to write while the renders are a rendering, but after months of trying, realized switching headspace like that doesn't really work out.
    my imagination can't run wild when i'm distracted about other projects.

Seems like it's true for me, too. If I write I need to be WRITING, period - so I guess I'm going to have to set aside "writing nights" where that's all I'll be doing on the computer.

I an start a render, go off, chat, and come back, though. :coolsmile:

edited August 2013

Breakfast stayed down so I risked lunch, good so far... :gulp: Having a medium brewed coffee right now, nothing too strong.

I didn't think I'd be productive at all today but I've found and fixed 3 bugs in one app, and found and fixed a firmware bug that has existed for 2 years! :bug:

I need to find the texture maps for the guts tonight or tomorrow.. I'm sure there are some, somewhere. It's getting kinda nasty so I'll post the pics elsewhere from this point on to keep the TOSsers happy. :P May have to re-up my DeviantArt site, I let my premium membership lapse... :red: and I keep forgetting how erm graphic and weird I can get.. :red: :red:

Easiest way is Smart Content/Default/Anatomy/Victoria 4 Internal Organs.
    Or you can use the directions from the Product Page Document shown below.
    Healthy texture :cheese: and unhealthy texture :vampire: ,
    v4_guts.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 491K
    V4_Guts.JPG
    673 x 395 - 42K
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Easiest way is Smart Content/Default/Anatomy/Victoria 4 Internal Organs.
    Or you can use the directions from the Product Page Document shown below.
    Healthy texture :cheese: and unhealthy texture :vampire: ,

Thanks! I was going to dig around tonight, but instead I'll be doing a few nasty renders!!! :vampire: :snake:

Haven't played with Smart Content at all.. guess I should look into that.. :red:

edited December 1969

"...Internal Organs in the sky with diamonds..."

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

:sick: :sick: :sick: :ahhh:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

...The Bureau of Internal Organs Affairs.
    edited December 1969

...bots to the thread took a summer holiday again.

edited December 1969

20 minutes to leave time. :)

Small shopping trip, a stop at Whataburger, then home to render some guts!! :vampire:

Should be relaxing..a restful evening. :coolsmile:

Everyone have a good evening if I don't post later! :cheese:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

:sick: :sick: :sick: :ahhh:

Wait - flying internal organ monster needs wings! I can dump Vicky4 and make some kind of horrible monstrosity with wings, and a severed head (which I have)!! :vampire: :vampire: That way no accidental boobage that might violate the TOS... :red: :red:

..or maybe use Mock's Creeping Brain for the head! PERFECT! :cheese:

edited August 2013

...how about one of the eyeball plants so just the eyeball shows where the head is?

...that would be really creepy in an old B Movie sort of way.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I am hoping to go back to school in September. I do not know if I am able to or not.

edited December 1969

Did you file for financial aid yet?

This discussion has been closed.