Two newbie questions, about pictures and a dress.

First of all, I can't seem to upload files as attachments anymore. It worked fine up until two days ago, but since then the files just don't ever finish uploading. What's stopping them? Do I need to clear out some browser settings, or something? And while we're on the topic of embedding pictures: May I post from a third-party host, like Imgur? (Just asking, because I'm very good at breaking rules.)  And which format does this forum use? (Image Link, Direct Link, BB-Code...)

Second question: Can installed objects interfere or overwrite each other? (My guess is "yes.") I've downloaded a huge bunch of freebies from a well-known creator. It's really top notch, apart from this one dress that has the dreaded "grey blocks" error. I've checked, and double-checked, and triple-checked the file against others from the same creator, and everything looks fine. Yes, I've re-downloaded and reinstalled the file, and the problems persists. And yes, I've been in contact with the creator, who told me I probably have installed it in the wrong directory. (Everything is in the exact same places as everything else I've gotten from them.) This is a really pretty dress that I would very much want to use, so I would be really grateful if someone had any other suggestions.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and have a terrific day! laugh

Comments

• Which dress are you talking about?

When you see the grey blocks then it means that it can't find the .obj file for that dress because they are in the wrong folder. It usually asks you then weather you want to locate it.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

I'd rather not identify the creator of the dress, since they're a member here, and has a thread in the Freebies forum. There are no .obj files contained in any of the stuff I've gotten from there, everything is in .dsa and .duf formats. All the other clothing, which works perfectly, have the same folder structure as this one. No one else seems to have had a problem with it. It can't be the dress, there has to be something in my studio setup that causes it.

Is anyone else having problems with attatching files?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Image attachments need to be .png  .jpg  or .gif.   Size has to be under 1mb    and 2000px on longest side.  However for Images from 3rd party sites you need to use the image tool from the top line of the typing panel  and then modify the size for forum display to width 800px please.  You can do that in the image tool screen.

edited September 2018

Ahaaa, that works! Thanks!

Post edited by WinterMoon on
  • TigerAnne said:

I'd rather not identify the creator of the dress, since they're a member here, and has a thread in the Freebies forum.

All the more reason to provide this information, since it helps the creators fix any bugs that people are having. I have a number of freebies of my own available for download, and I know I'd interested to know of any problems so that I can ensure people can use it properly. It could be a simple case of omitting a file in the download which could be quickly fixed. Pointing out bugs isn't generally considered a bad thing. You'd be surprised how friendly most of these freebie creators really are, myself included!

Ooops, I didn't see that there were new replies here! :( 

I have contacted the creator directly, and let them know that I'm having a problem with this one specific outfit. However, I'm apparently the only one who has.