Modifying an underlying map for a clothing item

inthanityinthanity Posts: 89
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am not sure what the proper terminology is for the underlying "grid" or "texture/surface template" that dictates the positioning and appearance, in this case, of clothing. I am dealing with the below item, which is:

http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15615/start . (designer: 4blueyes)

If it is allowable, I would like to edit the underlying clothing map/template file (this is what I need help with), as well as the overlying *jpg file (I can do this) in order change the appearance of the item (zipped higher, collar-shape-change, sleeveless, etc.).

Changing the surface image file is fine but it reveals the underlying texture-map, or whatever, and I don;t know where I edit that.

Thanks!

T_White_US.duf_.png
91 x 91 - 20K

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That is not just a TEXTURE it is modeled into the BASE mesh. What you wish to do is not possible.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

You can achieve the sleeveless look with an opacity map, just hide the sleeves. You could make it zipped higher by creating your own texture (that is assuming that the texture has a chest area). Opacity maps are just a black/white file that is the same dimensions of the texcture. Where the opacity map is black the texture is hidden.

I make them by opening the texture in photoshop and then creating a blank white layer on top of it with opacity set to 50% so I can see the texture. Then just draw black where you don't want the texture to show. When you're finished, turn the layer's opacity to 100% again and save the image and use it as an opacity map.

Happy rendering!

• inthanityinthanity Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

Excellent! Thanks for the reply. I will try that out.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can achieve the sleeveless look with an opacity map, just hide the sleeves. You could make it zipped higher by creating your own texture (that is assuming that the texture has a chest area). Opacity maps are just a black/white file that is the same dimensions of the texcture. Where the opacity map is black the texture is hidden.

I make them by opening the texture in photoshop and then creating a blank white layer on top of it with opacity set to 50% so I can see the texture. Then just draw black where you don't want the texture to show. When you're finished, turn the layer's opacity to 100% again and save the image and use it as an opacity map.

Happy rendering!

This will not work. As I stated the zipper and seams for the Zipper all the way up the shirt is Modeled into the Mesh. You could cut the sleeves but not HIDE the built in Zipper with a new texture. The SHAPE will still be built into the shirt.