Skin Overlay - Now Available (commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited September 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi guys. Sorry I took so long on this. I know lots of people have been waiting for it:) Anyways, This set adds overlays to any V4,M4,V5 and M5 uv set. Originally it was only aging skin overlays, but I added in a few extras. This set contains mainly blemishes and also includes vascularity (from my other product), so no fancy stuff like burns or scars at this stage. Those most likely will be an add-on as this package is already huge in filesize. Anyways here are some test shots. I will add more pics as the product and overlays are near completion. For now there will only be a Daz version and the Merchant resource. Poser one click version will come afterwards. Will take some time re-converting everything and making a new interface. Draagonstorm and myself are trying to make this as easy as possible to apply. The product will be packaged by Gen UV, eg V4/M4 together, and V5/M5 together as well as bundle options for both the one click versions and resources. The interface is extremely rough at the moment so the layout and other features will probably get refined as we move ahead. Since the overlays are all on transparent layers, you can edit them to your liking if you wish, all you need is gimp or photoshop. Will include tutorials on how that is done.

hand.jpg
1290 x 910 - 197K
foot1.jpg
700 x 910 - 67K
foot_displace.jpg
853 x 882 - 43K
body_displace.jpg
853 x 756 - 82K
interface1.jpg
746 x 861 - 97K
Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited August 2013

some head shots

test.jpg
    1362 x 910 - 227K
    lGGz_pFw-xbLwcSmNfP4uT7gKnzO27gWK469_5xsjEE.jpg
    1280 x 893 - 133K
    head1.jpg
    1280 x 893 - 122K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Looks very good

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Very nice :) it already looks quite stunning and this will probably end up in my cart - like all Zev0 products do lately ;) This is using LIE as base for combining the layers?

edited August 2013

Will use LIE yes. So once an overlay is applied, you can adjust it to your liking. So you can apply them as bulk, or one by one, doing tweaking as you go along before you add the next overlay. Also if you add an overlay and the results aren't strong enough, you can apply it again and edit the second layer of that overlay by adjusting its opacity:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Thia looks fantastic, you two! I was already sold on this product from your earlier discussions of it, but the interface makes it even more appealing.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh snap. They next renders of Primitive People is now on hold. SO need this for Old Mother.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited December 1969

Zev0, this looks excellent. Do the "blemishes" by any chance include a cellulite option? After all, if it's realism we're after ... :coolsmirk:

edited August 2013

Look at the interface screenshot:) In other words yes:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yipeeeeeeee! Looking seriously good, more than I expected Zev0.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Will def. be buying. I need more age and skin diversity in my runtime.

Would love it if you did a freckle or other blemishes like spots for those unfortunate teens. =-)

Good work.

edited August 2013

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Look at the interface screenshot:) In other words yes:)

My goodness! Cellulite, moles and all ... :lol:
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

That looks pretty amazing :O

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

Wonderful!:cheese:

Post edited by Dino Gramps on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    edited December 1969

WHERE WHERE?

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    600 x 375 - 56K
  • JOHNGARRETTJOHNGARRETT Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

This is awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on these.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Looks wonderful Zev! Very nice work mate :smirk:

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Have you considered doing a wetmaps package? I know there are already a couple, but they all seem to be just specular map replacements. Having a displacement map to apply to a geometry shell to make real water droplets on the figure would I think give much better results.

edited August 2013

I have considered it, but that didnt really fit the theme of this release. I might add additional things like that in another addon pack. We will see how things pan out:) The list on the interface is final so no additional overlays will be added for this release, or I will never get it done in time lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I am looking forward to it. Great work!

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Yes, can't wait for the merchant pack of these to come out, it's just what I've been looking for! :D

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

STUPENDOUS?? MIND-BLOWING??

(Yet another) excellent product - thanks for creating such great tools that us hobbyists can afford. I'm a newbie and know that having tools is only half of the process (knowing how to effectively use them is of greater importance!)

Can't wait....

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Have you considered doing a wetmaps package? I know there are already a couple, but they all seem to be just specular map replacements. Having a displacement map to apply to a geometry shell to make real water droplets on the figure would I think give much better results.

I would most certainly be interested in something like this - for a hypothetical add-on pack, of course.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Am I correct in thinking that I will be able to use these with Ubersurface2 rather than LIE, if I get the merchant resource.
    Thanks

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Am I correct in thinking that I will be able to use these with Ubersurface2 rather than LIE, if I get the merchant resource.
    Thanks

They're unrelated functions, so I don't see any reason they wouldn't. US2 doesn't replace LIE or provide the ability to use layered textures.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

OMG ........ya know I think I'm just gonna have to set up a bank account in your name Zev0 and just keep make deposits to it ........,another must have item fersure.

edited August 2013

Thanks

The merchant resource will be photoshop psd files (can be used in gimp) with multiple layers that you drag onto your skin sets. EG open person-torso.jpg and drag the desired torso overlay maps from the resource onto that and save. All will contain overlay groups, which will contain presets as well as source files so you can customize or just use as is.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Bobeagle77Bobeagle77 Posts: 164
    edited August 2013

Wow Zev0 this is an amazing product. The render in main post look awesome. Nice job on this product.

Post edited by Bobeagle77 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

This looks spectacular. We can age any skin in our collection with this!

Will there be a set for Genesis 2's UVs or just have them stick with the V5/M5 skins? (With the morphs we can take a character from 5 to 95 in a matter of minutes -- plus render time...).

edited December 1969

Just support for v4,m4,v5,m5 uv's. So if your skin uses those uv's in the list, it will work.