Harrison HD for Michael 8 [Commercial]

Out now and 40% off ;)
Been working on this guy for quite a while now and really like how he turned out. He got loads of options and I really hope you like him. He comes with a fibermesh beard and of course eyebrows. Both have 8 matching colours.
He also has some ink, which was created from actual photographs, including one from yours truely lol
He can be found here:
https://www.daz3d.com/harrison-hd-for-michael-8

Harrison-hd-for-michael-8_main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 929K
Harrison-hd-for-michael-8_popup_04.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 841K
Harrison-hd-for-michael-8_popup_08.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 763K

Comments

• Very nice indeed!

• Thanks, glad you like :)

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    He is gorgeous, picking him up later today.
  • Thanks, glad you like him, and would love to see what you do with him, so please feel free to share here :)

• He's great. Excellent job. I think he will be one of my favorite figures. Thanks.

• Love your characters.  I'm building up quite a collection 3 for 3

• Thanks for both of your comments. So great to hear. It helps me to strive to do better and better as time goes on.
    Would love to see what you do render wise with any of my characters :)

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

To be honest I think DAZ should hire you for an official base figure. This is top work.

• Paintbox said:

To be honest I think DAZ should hire you for an official base figure. This is top work.

oh wow i am kinda speachless by this comment... and that doesnt happen a lot. THANK you so much for your comment. it means a lot and i am so glad you like my work. :)

• Agreed with the above, he looks really excellent, and I really appreciate a stockier looking character as well. Great job!

• Thanks for that, glad you like him. And tried to do something a bit different, and glad you like :)

• He looks really terrific, Emrys. Grabbed him first thing this morning. Definitely one of my fave G8s so far.
  • Thank you :) really happy to hear that!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

He's on my wish list as that sort of face geometry isn't too often in the DAZ Store.

edited September 2018

So I just noticed something I see on a few HD characters, sometimes.  I understand that when you sub divide in zbrush it smooths as it does and when you return it to the base resolution it will look slightly different.  Luckily I already have a morph to reverse such things for myself but I figured I'd show what I mean here.

without fixed deformations.PNG
    625 x 637 - 377K
    with fixed deformations.PNG
    519 x 616 - 371K
    Post edited by Sorel on
  • Thanks @nonesuch00 glad you like :)

@Sorel Do you mean if you want to have HD characters render using base res only? 

nothing like that.Just that the shape itself is different. I notice this when the lips look like they are starting to part and the ears look thin. I have a zbrush example now.  Both are at base resolution, but you can tell some things are different on the after_subd image because of the smoothing that happens when zbrush sub divides.

before_subd.PNG
    873 x 845 - 760K
    after_subd.PNG
    726 x 857 - 718K
  • oh you mean like when you have a HD morph and you return it to base, then it changes the shape, right? yes that's pretty much why i dont change it myself and morph and save out in HD only, so what i see in zbrush is what the end result will be like. I didnt even know there is a way to make it still look the same using base res afterwards. not without losing detail, or having things like the parted lips etc.

ya I learned that trick from Richard. 

• Sorel said:

ya I learned that trick from Richard. 

oh cool, well i didnt know there is a way of fixing that issue when you take an HD morph and convert to base res. is it fairly straight forward to do?

Yes!  So all you have to do it send basic genesis over to zbrush and subdivide it (I'm not sure if it matters how many times you do it, I just subd until i run out of memory lol). after that, set the subd back to base and send it back into daz. then you just make the morph.  To reverse the smoothing zbrush does, set the morph to -100%.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,258
    edited September 2018

I love the birthmarks and pores.

saltandpepper.jpg
    1581 x 1208 - 649K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

He's gorgeous. I love how his eyebrows have three different material zones. That sort of thing is just so much more realistic than one flat colour all over. I like him a lot. Well done :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited September 2018

I like him, too. Thanks for making such a high quality male character.

Harrison

Harrison on couch_003 PS.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • THANKS all for your great comments and the fantastic renders, so happy to get that kind of feedback. Will try and keep pushing and pushing to bring you all the best i can do :)

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961
    edited September 2018

Yep, really happy with how he looks. And this hair seems to suit him very well, as you and others have used it too laugh . I also like (and really appreciate!) the eyebrows and facial hair he comes with. I'm going to try out some other hairs with him as well, but wanted to start out testing what was included.

Harrison Test Render

harrison_test__full_20180904.png
    2400 x 2400 - 8M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • Fantastic render, thanks for sharing it. Yeah that hair is like it was made for him, when i tried that on i just couldnt stop using it lol
    Really glad you like it and hopefully you get many more great renders out of him :)

• Just finished a render, he is a pleasure to work with!  I can't post it til Sympatico releases the album, but I really, really like him. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

• Thanks for that, really glad you like him, and already new stuff in the works, all just takes time :)

• Cocktail Hour

Pity he hasn't got a Wet Geoshell preset like Sabrina, but no problem smiley

Cocktail Hour.png
    1828 x 893 - 3M