Clearing dForce animations

If I save a scene in which I have a dForce garment, the animations used to drape the garment are saved with the scene. Is there a way to avoid this? Clearing the timeline while maintining the final poses/morphs is practically impossible so if I want to create an animated scene, I first need to remove the old dForce frames.

I guess this is a wider question about a foolproof way to clear the timeline. As I said, using the Zero or Clear Animation options results in losing all the morph and pose details I want to keep. It would be wonderful to be able to save frame 0 to a clean scene without the subsequent frames.

Comments

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I've just tried saving a frame as a sub-scene and no joy, the whole timeline is saved with it. Quite annoying but hopefully these is a way I'm not aware of.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    I am told    

Clear... from the Simulation Settings pane (or corresponding option menu)
    Chohole said:
    I am told    

Clear... from the Simulation Settings pane (or corresponding option menu)

Sorry but no ... that just clears the simulation data, not the animation.

• You can save a pose preset from the desired frame and choose the single frame option, then clear, then apply the preset. Though I thought that clearing with the desired frame showing worked to preserve the pose

You can save a pose preset from the desired frame and choose the single frame option, then clear, then apply the preset. Though I thought that clearing with the desired frame showing worked to preserve the pose

Yes, saving the poses of the figures in the scene was my workaround too but it is cumbersome. Not sure which clearing option you mean as some clear the pose and others clear the pose and morphs and leave you with a base figure. I've always wonderered why anyone would want to zero back to base figure for an animation yet not have an option to reset the timeline back to frame zero (or, better, to save a particular frame).