who is going?

the DAZ3D Published Artist's sale is traditionally the last few years the time when stores that underperform are retired.

I would love to know who is going so I could purchase stuff before it is too late and gone for good.

Last year for example  we lost Inagoni who have also closed their own site and all their lovely Carrara plugins, also many other PA's which had things I regret deeply not buying when I could.

Comments

• th3Digit said:

the DAZ3D Published Artist's sale is traditionally the last few years the time when stores that underperform are retired.

I would love to know who is going so I could purchase stuff before it is too late and gone for good.

Last year for example  we lost Inagoni who have also closed their own site and all their lovely Carrara plugins, also many other PA's which had things I regret deeply not buying when I could.

If Inagoni closed their site too it would seem likely it was their decision to quit, not Daz'. The whole of your post, though, is speculative, or begging the question (first you need to ask "Is anyone going", though I can see why Daz would not want anything pre-announced if the answer was yes).

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    th3Digit said:

If Inagoni closed their site too it would seem likely it was their decision to quit, not Daz'. The whole of your post, though, is speculative, or begging the question (first you need to ask "Is anyone going", though I can see why Daz would not want anything pre-announced if the answer was yes).

It would be nice for Daz to announce "LAST CHANCE TO GET THESE PRODUCTS!" though if they do plan on retiring any products or PAs... It would increase sales! 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

it was almost a year later and I actually refrained from naming the various PA's many of which never went elsewhere 

if they had I would have bought there

actualy DAZ misses out on money I might spend if I knew something was being retired 

actual stores were culled each year, so how is this speculative?

• th3Digit said:

it was almost a year later and I actually refrained from naming the various PA's many of which never went elsewhere 

if they had I would have bought there

actualy DAZ misses out on money I might spend if I knew something was being retired 

actual stores were culled each year, so how is this speculative?

It's speculative because you're assuming the two are directly related, but they aren't. Though I could see PA's that want to close up shop waiting until the end of the PA sale to do so. One last hurrah as it were.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited August 2018

I don't know that DAZ does things like Rendo which puts any product which sells below a certain level into the Clearance collection at a 35% discount, and if it still doesn't sell it disappears. (There have been a few items which have been in the Clearance collection for years, so people are still buying them, just slowly.)

So far as I've ever seen if an item or a store disappears here it is because the PA pulled it.

Apart from DAZ Os which were vaulted, that is. 

Post edited by JOdel on
    JOdel said:

I don't know that DAZ does things like Rendo which puts any product which sells below a certain level into the Clearance collection at a 35% discount, and if it still doesn't sell it disappears. (There have been a few items which have been in the Clearance collection for years, so people are still buying them, just slowly.)

So far as I've ever seen if an item or a store disappears here it is because the PA pulled it.

well there were a few PA's it came as a shock to

but I have no threads I can link

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

Well, bummer. 

JOdel said:

No, they pull items and non-productive PAs. I was a PA with one product (for Sadie for Poser) before Genesis came out and they weren't accepting any more Poser only products and I didn't want to learn DS at the time so they eventually pulled it. I recently found a check for $25 in old mail I was going through, my last payment I guess, signed by the former head of  Daz. I wonder if they'd still honor it or reissue it... I already misplaced it AGAIN, but when I find it, I should look into that...

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    th3Digit said:

We all are.  We're closing it all down and that will be the end of Daz.  But we will be back the very next day as DaZ.

Daz has been rather polite about closing down low performing stores of inactive PAs.

th3Digit said:

so what is your point?

Mattymanx said:
    th3Digit said:

We all are.  We're closing it all down and that will be the end of Daz.  But we will be back the very next day as DaZ.

Daz has been rather polite about closing down low performing stores of inactive PAs.

th3Digit said:

so what is your point?

I have spent over 18K so far so my point is I do buy 3D content if DAZ wants's to curtail that a bit maybe it is for my own good after all devil

my point is I am being my own worst enemy suggesting ways to them to help me part with my money

edited August 2018

err um

DAZ deals is evil

Full Price Value: $120,075.00
    Current Value: $116,165.38
    Total Spent: $19,253.74

OK DAZ just take everything I can possibly want out of your damned store right now

or make it all connect angry

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited August 2018

If anyone is concerned about something disappearing from the store, then it's probably best that go ahead and make that the priority sale so you don't lose it. If the history of the store shows anything, PA store closings or product pulls won't be announced, since it cuts down the hassle of people thinking a closing is synomomous with bargain basement prices. It's far easier to just close the store than to deal with the headache telling people that no, it's not getting discounted.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

going out of business sale angel  was the actual name of a store on 23rd street in NYC

edited September 2018

from another thread

it begins .....

NorthOf45 said:

No, it looks like there was a PA culling. My wishlist lost about 20 older items from mostly inactive PA's. I just bought some from these guys, and lost several from my shopping cart in the last few hours.

They include:

W.H. Whitney
    Digital I Designs
    Simon3D
    Silencer
    Davorama
    InfinityRain
    3DLust
    drakken3d
    Chinchbug
    Jr. PupN'Such
    BlackFeather1973
    Matari3D
    wowie
    The Management

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,244

Probably a good sign someone's on the way out when their whole catalog passes through Fast Grab, as many of those did in the last few months.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I don't even know what's on my harddrive from DAZ 3D Store so I don't think I should be worrying about products disappearing from my Wishlist. My Wishlist is mostly obsolete anymore anyway.

• well fastgrab I have been grabbing from frequently lately so there is that at least wink

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 266
    edited September 2018
    th3Digit said:
    Mattymanx said:
    th3Digit said:

th3Digit said:

so what is your point?

I have spent over 18K so far so my point is I do buy 3D content if DAZ wants's to curtail that a bit maybe it is for my own good after all devil

my point is I am being my own worst enemy suggesting ways to them to help me part with my money

Now I don't feel so guilty.. for spending so much herelaugh  I will say I have some old things in my library from years ago, that I miss --back before Daz studio was free.  One that comes to mind is Lisa's Botanicals.  I always wondered why this PA left Daz.

Post edited by Rasberri on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    JOdel said:

DAZ Os?... I knew they made a laundry detergent, but now they are expanding into sugary breakfast cereals too?

I'm just putting it out there, but if DAZ is thinking of expanding into beers too, I'd be happy to lend them my years of experience on the subject and help them test their product for quality, freshness and of course taste.

• Rasberri said:

I will say I have some old things in my library from years ago, that I miss --back before Daz studio was free.  One that comes to mind is Lisa's Botanicals.  I always wondered why this PA left Daz.

They moved to Hivewire3D

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    Rasberri said:

I will say I have some old things in my library from years ago, that I miss --back before Daz studio was free.  One that comes to mind is Lisa's Botanicals.  I always wondered why this PA left Daz.

They moved to Hivewire3D

She's one of the HiveWire founders, she has all her stuff on sale there.

Rasberri said:
    th3Digit said:
    Mattymanx said:
    th3Digit said:

th3Digit said:

so what is your point?

Now I don't feel so guilty.. for spending so much herelaugh  I will say I have some old things in my library from years ago, that I miss --back before Daz studio was free.  One that comes to mind is Lisa's Botanicals.  I always wondered why this PA left Daz.

Not sure if I should mention this, but things kind of exploded one year at Siggraph when Dan Farr (former head of Daz) showed early versions of Genesis  on his laptop and at the time had no plans to make it compatible with Poser and several Daz PAs who were Poser only were manning the booth and were quite upset about this. There was a bit of humor when the Daz staff left a bit early taking their signage with them and the former head of marketing at Poser put a big sign that said Poser at the Daz booth. DS was just starting to really compete with Poser and that was a defining moment. I think the PAs there were some of the founders of Hivewire or left to go there. It's all water under the bridge now, so I hope it's OK to post this. It was all pretty controversial at the time. 

• more Carrara only stuff is being removed this year too

I think anything that does not work in DAZ studio is in danger

yeah speculation but a lot of Bryce stuff was also in fastgrab recently ........

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    edited September 2018

"I think anything that does not work in DAZ studio is in danger"

IMHO Daz should consolidate and Make Daz studio & Genesis 8 (or 9),the sole focus
    of their business Model. and start culling some of the
     "Zero performing" assetscool

Considering the potentially paradigm shifting changes coming to the the prefab 3D Character market, if I were Daz inc., I would be looking at My strategic position very ,very carefully going foward.

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • wolf359 said:

"I think anything that does not work in DAZ studio is in danger"

IMHO Daz should consolidate and Make Daz studio & Genesis 8 (or 9),the sole focus
    of their business Model. and start culling some of the
     "Zero performing" assetscool

Considering the potentially paradigm shifting changes coming to the the prefab 3D Character market, if I were Daz inc., I would be looking at My strategic position very ,very carefully going foward.

well if they do that it will save me a lot of money indeed

I probably need the content addiction intervention and must focus more on creating stuff for myself as you do

• note 3Delight stuff is also being phased out like Zigraphix Toony cam and her shadermixer tutorial

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    McGyver said:
    JOdel said:

DAZ Os?... I knew they made a laundry detergent, but now they are expanding into sugary breakfast cereals too?

I'm just putting it out there, but if DAZ is thinking of expanding into beers too, I'd be happy to lend them my years of experience on the subject and help them test their product for quality, freshness and of course taste.

...hmmm.

Daz-Brau:  For that wonderfully rendered taste.

Daz-Lite:  More taste, Less polys. 

Daz Malt Liquor:  Just say Boolean

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562
    edited September 2018
    Rasberri said:
    th3Digit said:
    Mattymanx said:
    th3Digit said:

th3Digit said:

so what is your point?

Not sure if I should mention this, but things kind of exploded one year at Siggraph when Dan Farr (former head of Daz) showed early versions of Genesis  on his laptop and at the time had no plans to make it compatible with Poser and several Daz PAs who were Poser only were manning the booth and were quite upset about this. There was a bit of humor when the Daz staff left a bit early taking their signage with them and the former head of marketing at Poser put a big sign that said Poser at the Daz booth. DS was just starting to really compete with Poser and that was a defining moment. I think the PAs there were some of the founders of Hivewire or left to go there. It's all water under the bridge now, so I hope it's OK to post this. It was all pretty controversial at the time. 

If you are referring to August of 2012, I was one of the PAs there and that is not how it went down. Genesis had already been introduced a year before, in May of 2011 and Dan Farr had already left Daz in the spring of 2012. Several of us ended up manning the booth as there was nothing there but the small, white sign you see in the mddle of the attached image. We PAs gave up our time attending the event (we flew down on our own money as attendees) as a show of support to Daz to make sure someone was there and eventually Steve Cooper from SM brought over signage so we would get some traffic to actually stop and talk to us. Funny how a curtain with only a tiny sign caught no one's attention before that. A day or so later, Donald Erlichman came by with actual Daz signage, which we hung up and continued to man the booth along with Donald.

sig.jpg
    700 x 525 - 149K
    Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    th3Digit said:

more Carrara only stuff is being removed this year too

yeah speculation but a lot of Bryce stuff was also in fastgrab recently ........

..don't like the sound of that. Still need the Carrara Skins collections for G2F and G2M, but they're expensive. Sad too that for the price, the G2M one only includes 2 characters.

• kyoto kid said:
    th3Digit said:

more Carrara only stuff is being removed this year too

..don't like the sound of that. Still need the Carrara Skins collections for G2F and G2M, but they're expensive. Sad too that for the price, the G2M one only includes 2 characters.

with those if you own some you can at least put in the slog and swap out maps, I own a selection of all the generations and do that