Changing the Background in D|S 4.10?

I've noticed that in the current version of DAZ|Studio, there does not seem to be a readily-available way to use an image as a background. Has that option been moved somewhere? Also, while we're on the subject, is there a way to make blank backgrounds render as opaque again?

Comments

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Go to Menu> Window> Panes> Environment. The Backdrop option lets you set a background color or browse for an image.

• utiszutisz Posts: 0

Thank you! I was at a loss trying to figure it out, So easy!

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679

Is there a way to set the background color so that it will also reflect in any mirrored object in a scene? I've set the background to dark blue, which works looking directly ahead, but a mirror in the scene shows a neutral color.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Ptrope said:

Is there a way to set the background color so that it will also reflect in any mirrored object in a scene? I've set the background to dark blue, which works looking directly ahead, but a mirror in the scene shows a neutral color.

Can you not place a single sided plane parallele to the mirror but behind the camera.  so it will reflect in the mirror with out actually appearing directly in the scene.

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679

Yep, and I have done that in one setup - I was just wondering if there were a background setup that would achieve the chosen color in a mirror without adding another prop :) .

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Only other way I can think of  is to use a Sky Dome,