Will Carrara 8.5 be released with a pdf manual?

scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Since there is a lot of new stuff in Carrara 8.5, will Daz include a helpful pdf guide or manual?

Comments

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited August 2013

Hey ManStan - You can sit this one out.

I gotcha covered.

Since there is a lot of new stuff in Carrara 8.5, will Daz include a helpful pdf guide or manual?

Ummm...

You're joking, right?

Manual? DAZ?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

But to answer the question : Not likely.

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,455
    edited December 1969

The manual will probably be in the documentation center once released.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

If we're lucky they'll stick the version 7 manual there and not the version 6 manual, which ironically shipped with version 7 ;-)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248
    edited December 1969

From what I've seen (haven't read the whole thing yet), it's going to be great!
    DAZ_jared appears to be making some headway!

edited August 2013

If we're lucky they'll stick the version 7 manual there and not the version 6 manual, which ironically shipped with version 7 ;-)
    I used to wonder about that, myself... Why send 6 when 7 is available? Then just recently, I've read this post by tbwoq which breathes a whole different light on the subject. So now I've put the C6 manual on a thumb drive. I'll be looking it over to see if I'll find it worth the bucks to print it out for reference. My C7 Pro manual is getting tattered. I like having paper reference around to flip through. I still have the first DAZ Studio Artist Guide printed and I bound it pretty nice. I pride myself in making a nice bound book from time to time. Can be fun.

Jared really has me pumped. Looks like he's perfect for the writing, don't you think? Great job. So now, one of these days... I have to glean the pages of C6 manual! :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

I was just trying to be funny. As I've mentioned before, the manual is sort of a non-issue for me, except the whole business about not including the version 7 manual with version 7. If I were somebody responsible at DAZ, I would rightfully be embarrassed by that. DAZ get's piled on enough for piddly little things. Why give the complainers something legit to gripe about?

edited December 1969

I know... and it worked! I grabbed my gut! :)
    It just reminded me of that excellent post made by tbwoq where he obviously poured a god amount of effort into his comparison and research towards what yet needs addressing. It floored me enough to really want to break out that v6 manual for a peruse. I know that I was totally alone when we voted for column or no. I just like editing that way - so I've taken a liking to seeing it - but I can totally agree that, although columns look great in colorful magazines in print, they're not so useful for screen-read pdf. I like what Jared's style looks like and enjoy his footnoting and drawing on his images to help illustrate the point. I have every confidence that DAZ decided to put that documentation onto the to-do list, as jared has a very strong reputation already here at Daz. He finishes stuff well and quickly. I think he might be an animal!

• Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 245
    edited December 1969

I can confirm that Carrara 8.5 ships with the 5 year old Carrara 7 manual from 2008.

You can access is from the Help section inside Carrara.

[cries himself to sleep]

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

I am not surprised, but still I despair.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

This is hopeless Daz !

edited December 1969

Check the top of the forums. There is a stickied thread about work being done to update the manual. There has already been a bit posted on how to use the graph editor and it's new features. More will follow.

As to the rest of the manual, 90% of it is still correct.