Most Realistic Morphs for Genesis/V5?

Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 354
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Anyone have any suggestions for which commercial morphs for Genesis/V5 have the most realistic looking faces/bodies? By realistic, I don't necessarily mean pretty. Human faces have inconsistencies, something that many content vendors ignore and end up producing products that look like 3D Barbie and Ken dolls. Then they add a high quality texture and think the texture is going to make up for the subtle details that are missing underneath.

I'm looking for morph packages where the faces (and bodies) have realistic unevenness, asymmetry and randomness because there's uniqueness and beauty in imperfection.

Comments

• Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Wow-no one has any suggestions? I would think at least the vendors would chime in (especially ones that do custom morphs).

• keshkesh Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

by what i can see browsing the available products, none seem to have the characteristics you name.

I totally agree with you on the 'imperfect makes it (look) more real' and i'd say your best option would be to get one or more of the morphs kits that are available, and play with those. Even subtle changes in some parameters would give you quite good results (in particular eyes and brows heigth, angle and dimensions).

This http://www.daz3d.com/morphs/genesis-evolution-head-morphs might be a good start ;)

edited December 1969

I'll have to look into getting that morph package and playing with it. I looked at the package, and it does offer a lot of great options. Is there a package that lets you adjust facial symmetry (on of the main problems with stock morphs is that one side of the face tends to look a lot like the other side of the face). It would be great to control the position of elements so one eye can be slightly higher/lower that the other, nose slightly off center, etc. (or is that something like that only achievable with custom morphs done in another package like ZBrush? Thanks, kesh.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Sounds like Sickleyield's DieTrying's 182 morphs for genesis will be your cup of tea. Don't have a link atm, but they're free and available on ShareCg.

edited August 2013

Thanks, BlackFeather! Between the Genesis Evolution morphs and the free DieTrying182 free morphs--I think I can do what I want with faces. Thanks for the suggestions all.

Post edited by Fragg1960 on