Where to put content..

shaykallshaykall Posts: 109
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Can someone help me please?
First off I have tried to look for the answer on these forums, Also something is telling me that this was discussed in the last version of the forums.
I also have a feeling that Horo had written a PDF on this particular subject but I can't find it.

I have downloaded a file, unzipped it and the parent folder is "Content" then it drills down into other sub-folders,
below is a bit of a description of the folder map and the file extensions that are at the bottom of the folder chain..

My question is can someone direct me to the tutorial, or documentation that will explain where I place the content so I can open it successfully in Bryce?

if there isn't a tut or PDF can someone help me on where I place this content, so I can get to it.

Content
data - Folder A - Folder B - Folders C to N = *dsf
Props - Folder A - Folder B - Folder C and D - 2 Other Folders =*duf
Runtime - Geometries
Libraries
Support
Textures

Again any and all help is always greatly appreciated..

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@shaykall: Here's the link to Horo's site. It's been too long since I downloaded Horo's content PDF so I can't remember exactly where it's located. If you hang on I'll bet Horo will see this thread and provide the exact location.

• shaykallshaykall Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @shaykall: Here's the link to Horo's site. It's been too long since I downloaded Horo's content PDF so I can't remember exactly where it's located. If you hang on I'll bet Horo will see this thread and provide the exact location.

thanks guss, on my way there now

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@shaykall: You're welcome.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,138
    edited December 1969

@shaykall - here is the direct link to the document. There is a lot more there for Bryce if you have time to spend. Thank you GussNemo!

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @shaykall - here is the direct link to the document. There is a lot more there for Bryce if you have time to spend. Thank you GussNemo!

Thanks guys, have downloaded the PDF and will have a read, Stay close to the computers lol

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

shaykall; I might be wrong here but if you have contents .dsf .duf and runtime that stuff goes into daz studio then you can import it into bryce

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I agree with Trish there, It sounds as though some of what you are mentioning is for DS and not for Bryce. Geometries duf are DS formats

edited December 1969

@bullitt35744
    @chohle

Thank you for clearing that bit up, looks like I will have to get DS and install it.
    but in the Runtime folder there are child folders (shown below and the subsequent file extensions and the bottom of the folder chain, I think these are the ones that need to be in a specific position)

Runtime - Geometries = *OBJ
    Libraries = other child folders = pz2, png, pz3
    Support = *.dsa, *.dsx (which I assume are DS Files)
    Textures = jpg files (color and bump)

So my question is should I get these into DS then export them ?

Thanks in advance

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

ok you need to put everything into daz ...then you have a choice you can call up the object in daz and either export it as a wavefront obj. or try taking it over the bridge to Bryce

I got this called up in daz and I am going to go file export as wavefront obj. name it whatever you want these are what the settings look like..then I download it to my desktop ...open Bryce and file.. import obj

Hope this helps you

h1.jpg
    1270 x 776 - 459K
    edited December 1969

PZ2 and PZ3 are actually poser files, which DS can open. They would be installed in "Poser Formats" in DS (I think) as would any labelled CR2

edited December 1969

@bullit35744

Thanks for the reply, I will now head over to the DS forum now and work out how to put the content in there :) I have hardly done anything in DS so am a real novice with that program.

@chohole

I had a feeling those files were poser files but didn't know if another program besides Poser would open them, as I mentioned above I have had very little experience with DS so don't know its workings

edited December 1969

Very little experience is still more than I have, but I have picked up a thing or two about the theory of it. :coolsmirk: