Mac: the following file could not be found: Genesis.dsf

ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249
edited December 1969 in New Users

I want to try again. I open DS fine. (DS4.6)I click on Genesis( or Genesis base 2 female) and it starts to load and then says i"some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected. The following files could not be found:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf

Ok so I hunt on my computer and find this:

Users/shared/Mu daz3d library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf

so as far as I can tell the file in the right place. why does DS not see it?

theres more but I need a clear answer to this one before I can move forward.

Thanks for to those of you with your heads above the water....:-S

PS I will say I I did reset the Database at one point and that is where everything really started going south.

Mac os10.6.8 3.06GHx intel core i3 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I take it, that what you posted is a typo? 'Mu daz3d library' , it should of course be 'My DAZ 3D Library' with a My and not Mu, and a space between daz and 3D?

DS knows to look for the data folder in any of the folders listed as DAZ Studio Formats in the Content Directory Manager. If it is not typos, then make sure that My DAZ 3D Library is listed as a DAZ Studio Formats folder.
  • ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

I take it, that what you posted is a typo? 'Mu daz3d library' , it should of course be 'My DAZ 3D Library' with a My and not Mu, and a space between daz and 3D?

DS knows to look for the data folder in any of the folders listed as DAZ Studio Formats in the Content Directory Manager. If it is not typos, then make sure that My DAZ 3D Library is listed as a DAZ Studio Formats folder.

Ug- thanks for noting that, yes it was a typo.

So I took your advice and rechecked. Turns out I had the data folder mapped but not the "My daz3d library" folder. It seems to be working,

Thanks much!