I'm getting light through solid objects...

TurnerTurner Posts: 114
edited August 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Disregard... "Cast Shadows" was unchecked.... duh

Post edited by Turner on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

loose thread time

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Aren't you supposed to post cute cat pictures or something in these threads?

Shadow.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 604K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes, and comments about loose threads,

lolcat_loose_thread.jpg
    499 x 666 - 71K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yeah sorry I don't do have any cats or loose thread images but I enjoy seeing them :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,922
    edited December 1969

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

crystal.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 766K
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Yum.

piddle.jpg
    500 x 500 - 48K
    edited December 1969

R.I.P. Whopper Jr.

I'll see you next week, albeit in smaller pieces.

Wife-and-Whopper.jpg
    1900 x 1425 - 956K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,247
    edited December 1969

Are adorable little babies allowed?
    My god I can't get enough of this incredible child! She really loves me - right from the start. I really love her, too!

Dwampa_Dart_08142013.jpg
    952 x 905 - 137K
    Sweet_Baby_Olivia_08142013.jpg
    680 x 867 - 76K
    edited December 1969

especially when you can hand her back to Mom and Dad when she does poopy!

edited December 1969

Problem is... I never EVER want to hand her back. I'll change those diapers. Love it.
    The way she looks at me and coos with her beautiful little tiny voice. I got her a nice electric piano so we can write songs and sing together. It's really cool. Every time I come and pick her up, she pours out this immense smile... Ahhhh.... Grandpa.... :)
    edited December 1969

The first one is always special. They are all special, but the first one is just so extra special.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

I agree, first one is special, but it's not fair - he had a head start to my heart. Here's my grandson with his one week old sister.
    Hopefully I'll get the best birthday present and see them tomorrow.

ZS.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Dino Gramps on
    edited December 1969

Problem is... I never EVER want to hand her back. I'll change those diapers. Love it.

I wouldn't say that until you've experienced the period where their digestive system is in transition from just mother's milk (or formula) to a combination of milk and solid food.

She'll always be sweet and adorable and the apple of your eye, but the diapers- not so much!

edited December 1969

Bah...
    Diapers Schmiapers. The wee one can't help what's going on what all of that right now. Got her back, man!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Now I want another granddaughter to love and cuddle. My younger granddaughter is a junior in HS now. My great that's due in February will live too far away for me to see often. Miss Olivia is such a sweetie pie. I could just love and love on her. If you would ever turn her loose, that is.

edited December 1969

Thanks Anne! Yeah, she's adorable and sweet!
    So... you know what I mean when I say that diapers and goo is nothing. It's like that part never makes it to reality.
    Different when it's your child. But grandchildren are a treat when it comes to this stuff. "Oh... here, let me help - I'll get those diapers... come on baby... Grandpa fix!"
    It was that first smile.
    Magic.
    Magic that tickles.
    But it's a great tickle!

edited December 1969

My daughter, her husband, and 2 kids live with me. So I can't just hand them over to the parents. It has been such a joy being a part of their lives. Both of them come tell me goodnight every night, complete with hugs, kisses, and I love yous. That more than makes up for any upsets we've had during the day. Poopy diapers are nothing. Crying at night is nothing. I always get up to be sure they're okay and Mom is in there taking care of them. I just wish I lived closer to the other 5. Grandkids are special.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    My daughter, her husband, and 2 kids live with me. So I can't just hand them over to the parents. It has been such a joy being a part of their lives. Both of them come tell me goodnight every night, complete with hugs, kisses, and I love yous. That more than makes up for any upsets we've had during the day. Poopy diapers are nothing. Crying at night is nothing. I always get up to be sure they're okay and Mom is in there taking care of them. I just wish I lived closer to the other 5. Grandkids are special.

I am so with you there Anne, 5 of my grandkids and my 1st Greatgrandson are a plane flight away, in Ireland, and the other 3 are 200 mile journey by road, so see none of them very often. Skype and telephones just aren't the same.

edited December 1969

Yes, it's hard to powder them after a bath, using Skype or telephone. I had to miss the graduations of the 2 oldest, one in East Texas and the other in Oklahoma, less than 24 hours apart. I did get to go to the wedding of my oldest grandson a month ago.

edited December 1969

Not just that but there's a special magic that rushes through you in the touching and holding. That's it, Pam... we need to have a "Chohole to visit her Grandkids Plane Tickets benefit"!!!

edited December 1969

LOL, but who would look after my catlings. They are still young as well and would miss us.

• TurnerTurner Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

For a second there I thought I typed

"cats shadows".

hmmm.... :)

edited December 1969

Turner said:
    For a second there I thought I typed

"cats shadows".

hmmm.... :)

welcome to the Daz forums!