OK this thing REALLY needs to stop crashing..

AlfawulfAlfawulf Posts: 174

Just lost an hours worth of work becasue 4.10 just out of the blue crashed again!!

And you guys REALLY need a one button push send report and be done alright??

Not everybody is interested in/has the time to be a Daz Guru. Meaning knowing every nut and bolt of how this thing works.

I don't want to send a report then have to explain it!! I want to send it and get a note it's fixed...

That's what I come to tech for.

Cause as I've pointed out, I'm already over an hour behind now and these crashes are happening WAY to often!!

Sorry for the rant. Love this software. Love the service.

But some more ease of flow needs to be made..

Later

Post edited by Alfawulf on

Comments

• EBF2003EBF2003 Posts: 28

daz software needs an option to enable or disable autobackup every (whatever) mins selected

Just like the option that has been in 3dsmax for years.

Not comparing the 2 products..Just saying..It should be implemented in daz 

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

Pretty hard to fix issues related to an individual user's system.

• CGHipsterCGHipster Posts: 241
    edited August 2018

Like all software, save often.  Save headaches, and resentment in turn.  Auto backup would be nice, I have it for any software I own, it is called file, then save.

Post edited by CGHipster on
  • AlfawulfAlfawulf Posts: 174
    fastbike1 said:

Pretty hard to fix issues related to an individual user's system.

Funny..this individuals system doesn't crash on anything else....

CGHipster said:

Like all software, save often.  Save headaches, and resentment in turn.  Auto backup would be nice, I have it for any software I own, it is called file, then save.

I do. This time it popped right as I was going to save. Like it had eyes....lol.

EBF2003 said:

daz software needs an option to enable or disable autobackup every (whatever) mins selected

Just like the option that has been in 3dsmax for years.

Not comparing the 2 products..Just saying..It should be implemented in daz 

Zactly....

• I tend to press Ctrl+S before doing anything critical to my scene.

I can recommend using the Super Save script and replacing the Ctrl+S shortcut default save with this Save Incrementally Basic script in the Customize dialogue.

You never know if your scene file gets corrupted the next time you save over.

Also I think once I saw a standard crash report dialogue poping up in an earlier DS version with a memory dump and the log file to automaticly send an eMail to Daz. I wonder if it still exists but only shows with not that critical crashes.

A workaround for the periodical autosave would be to have an Auto Hotkey Script (AHK) running in the system tray that checks if DazStudio is the active window and emulates the Ctrl+S keystroke every few minutes. But I don't know how that would behave while rendering.

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300
    edited August 2018

You never know if your scene file gets corrupted the next time you save over.

Amen to that! That's happened to me on many occasions. I've had to rebuild scenes from scraps that I previously saved.

Scene saves aren't in the background with D|S as they are with many other applications, such as Microsoft Word etc. It freezes you up for how ever long it takes to save, and if you have a scene with a lot of assets and/or morphs, it can be a loooooong time.

I didn't know about Super Save. I'll have to check that out.

Post edited by Tobor on