New to this stuff?

ukki-kunukki-kun Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey folks, looking into this kinda stuff but I wanted some help finding something. A friend of mine has a model that he found and he doesn't want to share it! Any idea where he found it? Posted a picture of the model as a reference.

Any good places to search would be welcome to start. I'd like to start a nice library of models. Thanks in advance

giant.png
1280 x 616 - 95K

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Most models are copyrighted and have strict no redistributing rule in the licensing agreement, so no sharing.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

ukki-kun said:
    Hey folks, looking into this kinda stuff but I wanted some help finding something. A friend of mine has a model that he found and he doesn't want to share it! Any idea where he found it? Posted a picture of the model as a reference.

Any good places to search would be welcome to start. I'd like to start a nice library of models. Thanks in advance

Ypu could probably approximate that figure with Genesis. It's worth a try.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

You'll want to check out the Freepository Forum here at DAZ. And get started by downloading DAZ Studio which is still currently free.

• ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
    edited December 1969

And visit the New Users Help Forum if you have any questions.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/97/

It's very helpful and it helps me a lot when I'm stuck on something. :)

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

While your friend most likely can't give you the physical files, he can give you the link to the page where it was found.

Is the model that large in relation to the buildings to begin with or did the artist adjust height.

Do you know what app and version your friend was using? That often gives clues as to where to look.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324
    edited August 2013

If your talking about the "Buildings" in the background, it looks like StoneMason's Urban Sprawl2, which is for sale in this store. And absolutely, it is a copyright product and your friend can't share it because that would be illegal to do so. Now, If you find it for free somewhere else, that is also an illegal copy. The only legal way to obtain it, is to purchase it in this store.

http://www.daz3d.com/urban-sprawl-2-the-big-city

Post edited by FirstBastion on