Posting help!

I can't seem to post pics here anymore. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

If you're talking about attachments I've been having problems getting attachments uploaded to a post lately too. Sometimes I have to try a couple times before it will "take".

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

It's been noted a few times. Post your comment and the attachments should show. You can always change it afterwards.

• It does attach just that there is no thumbnail when posting but it comes up in the actual post !

Well it does for me !

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited August 2018

I'm testing this by picking an image from my posts in "An OT Thread For Images" in the Art Studio forum...

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

And I tried with an attachment from my PC.  works for me

steffi close_FotoSketcher 2.jpg
    1052 x 848 - 610K

Chohole... Was the image too large? I noticed the post got edited... I was trying to edit it myself when something happened and editing/posting was dropped... Not sure if it was my iPad or the forum.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2018

Yes.  we do ask the images posted as in line images are limite to 800 wide on the image tools, becuse people are using so many different devices to browse the forums and even to upload images.  They use phones, notebooks, iPads, ebook readers, kindles some smart, some not so smart (the devices not the users) and on some of them the larger images get  corrupted.   think the old 768px wide format. We say 800 to round it up to an easy to remember number.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2018
    Chohole said:

Yes.  we do ask the images posted as in line images are limite to 800 wide on the image tools, becuse people are using so many different devices to browse the forums and even to upload images.  They use phones, notebooks, iPads, ebook readers, kindles some smart, some not so smart (the devices not the users) and on some of them the larger images get  corrupted.   think the old 768px wide format. We say 800 to round it up to an easy to remember number.

Okay, I might have messed something up... Usually once the image loads, I make the width around 680-690... The height is less since I always use landscape... (I think 680 wide is 510 high)

Those are okay sizes right? I don't want to hog up space or make anyone edit my stupid pictures.

Post edited by McGyver on