Add a change bone position parameter to base genesis 3 parameter list

Occationally I need to shift the pivot point of a Genesis 3 figure for certain poses I create. (just using Gen 3 as example).  I know how to shift the pivot point in the joint editor but I can't seem to add it to the parameter list for use on the generic Genesis 3 figure.  I've gone into the parameter editor and added a new parameter for it but it only seems to work with the current figure.  I know I could save the figure as a new My Genesis 3 base or something like that but I really want to have the ability to change it through parameters.  I'd like to do it this way so I don't need to plan ahead what pose I'm going to use.  Initially a simple boolean choice would be fine.  Ultimately it might be nice to have a continuous control i.e., move the pivot point directly up from foot to top of head with 0 at genital area which is the exact center point.

I'm sure this can be done but I haven't found an explination how.

Thank you for any solutions offered

Bruce

Comments

• Have you got as visible new parameter that moves the pivot (via ERC)? If so, make sure the ERC links are set to save with the parameter (by finding it and expanding the options in the Property Hierarchy pane) and then use File>Save As>Support Assets>Morph Asset to save the new parameter.

• Thank you so much for the quick response.  I bet that will do it for me as the steps you mentioned I haven't done. I learn new things every day.  Guess your never too old to learn.

Bruce

• Hi Richard,  Well you nailed it.  I was even able to accomplish my ultimate goal of linerly move the piviot point from foot to head with the 50% right in the middle. This is such a great program.