Help

Hey guys, I'm new to DAZ3d and I bought a few things from the site to help get me started, and for the most part I understand how to use the program. However, I recently purchased Project Hairy 456 for Daz Studio as well as the requiered files needed to use it, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to work. I have no idea how to use it. If someone could help me out, that'd be great. I tried adding to models and forming them both the same, but when I click "fit to" to try and fit it to the other model, one of the models always goes wonky and the body hair isn't where it should be. If I don't use fit to, it shows exactly where it needs to be, but I can't move both models at the same time. Sorry for being such a newb, but it has been frustrating me considering I spent so much money just for it not to work. Your help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You are supposed to use a geometry shell for the hair.    There are quite a few threads about theses  but this one may help   https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/61962/geometry-shells-studio

• Thanks, with your help I've figured it out. The problem was I started off using a geometry shell but after selecting the hair pattern, the model would become transparent. So I tried other ways. After you said to use the Geoshell, I discoverd that the problem was I had the model selected and not the geoshell so it was applying the texture to the model instead of the shell. Thanks for the help!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I am glad that you got it sorted out.