How can I add craters to a road?

So I attempted to make a crater in a road with the d-former tool. I wasn’t able to manipulate the d-former field nor was I able to make a distortion in the road. Any ideas as to what I was doing wrong? 

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2018

Did you see the highlighted polygones when you had the dFormer selected? The highlighted area is the one beeing affected by the dFormer. You can only manipulate that area. If you didn't, you have to move the field around untill you find the region you want to modify. If you did see the highlighted polys, you need to select the dFormer, not the field, and translate/scale it. The center of rotation/scaling will be where the dFormer base is. So I recommend you first move the base to where you want that center to be, and then select the dFormer itself and move/rotate/scale it. The deforming will be calculated from the difference between the dFormer and the dFormer base.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Did you see the highlighted polygones when you had the dFormer selected? The highlighted area is the one beeing affected by the dFormer. You can only manipulate that area. If you didn't, you have to move the field around untill you find the region you want to modify. If you did see the highlighted polys, you need to select the dFormer, not the field, and translate/scale it. The center of rotation/scaling will be where the dFormer base is. So I recommend you first move the base to where you want that center to be, and then select the dFormer itself and move/rotate/scale it. The deforming will be calculated from the difference between the dFormer and the dFormer base.

Thanks!

• ForceXForceX Posts: 52

Another method. First the mesh needs to have enough resolution to support the type of deformation desired. Export the object out to Blender,ZBrush or any modeling app and sculpt the shapes and details you want then you can import the changes back into daz as a morph.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609

Interesting.  Intentionally adding pot holes to a road?  When I was young, I thought pot holes were intentionally made as speed traps.  Well there were speed bumps so why not speed holes? 0.o

great advice.