Layered Image Editor and Daz Studio Layered Material Presets (.DUF)

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

Are there instructions or tutorials about how to use these somewhere? 

Comments

• Creating or applying? Application should not be any different than normal presets, except that you need to remember that if you apply a regular materials preset it will remove the layering as well as the base material

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

Creating or applying? Application should not be any different than normal presets, except that you need to remember that if you apply a regular materials preset it will remove the layering as well as the base material

I'd like to know how to make the layers and how to combine them.  Like - how do you make makeup on different layers to use on different characters?

• To create the maps, or to apply them?

To create the maps, or to apply them?

Right now I need something that explains the basics of what it is, and how it works. 

• It's like a Photoshop image - you have layers, either solid colour or image, with masks controlling how much of the layer is visible and different blending modes controlling how the visible portion blends with what is beneath it.

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

Here's a video https://youtu.be/g5ONS2y7iqo (warning, the texture map shows naughty bits, just in case you're trying to avoid seeing that)

I Googled the documentation on it and honestly, I don't think it would have helped me if I was trying to learn. The best thing to do is get in there and start experimenting. If you've ever used layers in Photoshop or Gimp, it's pretty easy to pick up.

Does it matter when you are working with L.I.E. whether the materials you are putting together are iRay or 3Delight?