Star Trek Builders Unite 8: THE REBOOT

Comments

• AmyAmei on deviantart has a really nice set: Star Trek Uniform Set for Genesis 8 Male by amyaimei on DeviantArt; both male and female uniforms.

• rschulterschulte Posts: 485
    edited December 2023

nightwolf1982 said:

AmyAmei on deviantart has a really nice set: Star Trek Uniform Set for Genesis 8 Male by amyaimei on DeviantArt; both male and female uniforms.

TheFigureGuy had created textures  to convert the  Amyaimei's TNG uniform to DS9 and Voyager.  He added bajoran militia and the morph for the Bejoran nose.

https://www.deviantart.com/thefigureguy/art/Star-Trek-Uniform-Add-ons-update-975826689

He has also created some nice alien morphs:

Klingon G8F and G8M
    Romulan G8F and G8M
    Cardassian G8F and G8M
    Andorian G8F and G8M
    Orion G8F
    Hidogen G8M
    Ferengi G8M
    Talosion

https://www.deviantart.com/thefigureguy/gallery/89653952/freebies

dg4zcox-e7babd06-c9f8-4398-acbb-20138a26ac6b.png
    433 x 433 - 135K
    Post edited by rschulte on
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 681

nightwolf1982 said:

AmyAmei on deviantart has a really nice set: Star Trek Uniform Set for Genesis 8 Male by amyaimei on DeviantArt; both male and female uniforms.

The fit looks good, but the textures are JJTrek; that's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm looking for TOS uniforms to match the sets. I still don't have a PC runnig that has Corel on it to edit bitmaps, so I can't change the textures or eliminate the painted folds and shadows.

edited December 2023

I would certainly recommend the NVent3d and Bluto "Trailblazer " (on "Rendo....we cannot say the name" ) for a TOS uniform.
    They were created for G3, but with the Autofit utility, will work well for G8.

Trailblazer G3M sci-fi Uniform for Genesis 3

Trailblazer G3M sci-fi Uniform for Genesis 3

In addituion, Bluto provide some awesome props.

For obvious reasons, the badge and colors are not canon.  But they can be retextured.

At the time my system "pooped out" I was playing with them to make a free addon.  As I'm still technically a novice for DAZ Studio, I'm learning more about IRay and the process has been slow going.

I was also planning to provide addl TOS badges to replace the default.  In addition to the Enterprise, I will be making badges (Command, Science, Systems/Engineering, Medical) for multiple ships.  These will be in the form of png files.

full_df15b599b96bb9820322d61be386b93e.png
    1600 x 1600 - 2M
    full_26babc93b439d0f23f1a78e1d03a04b0.png
    1200 x 1600 - 2M
  • There's also a pilot version called Orion on the same site that we cannot mention. It's also for G3 but it works well.

edited December 2023

It looks like the badge control on the Orion uniform would accept the badges for the Trailblazer as well.

• just some more work did some minor kitbashing as well

cage near final1.png
    1920 x 720 - 2M
    cage near final2.png
    1920 x 720 - 3M
    cage near final3.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 1M
    cage near final4.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 1M
    cage near final5.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 1M
    edited December 2023

I'm glad youre including the viewers that they used in the pilots.   Outstanding job!

Will Decker said:

just some more work did some minor kitbashing as well

Looking good! I'm surprised that after all these years, I hadn't really noticed that Pike's chair wasn't elevated. I wonder whose idea it was to do that - it makes sense from a practical standpoint, but it was probably done to make it more dramatic for TV.

• Ryselle-RyssaRyselle-Ryssa Posts: 146
    edited January 1

I made a standalone LowerDecks uniform for Genesis 8 male/female (dforce ready). https://www.deviantart.com/ryselle-chan/art/Free-Download-ST-LowerDecks-Uniforms-for-G8M-G8F-1006759636

I am looking for the following:

• DS9 male/female
    • Picard season 3 male/female

All for G8 If those are not created yet, I will do so, but I don't want to make double work ;-)

Post edited by Ryselle-Ryssa on

Ryselle-Ryssa said:

I made a standalone LowerDecks uniform for Genesis 8 male/female (dforce ready). https://www.deviantart.com/ryselle-chan/art/Free-Download-ST-LowerDecks-Uniforms-for-G8M-G8F-1006759636 I am looking for the following: - DS9 male/female - Picard season 3 male/female All for G8 If those are not created yet, I will do so, but I don't want to make double work ;-)

Thank you!  Happy New Year!

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Ryselle-Ryssa said:

I made a standalone LowerDecks uniform for Genesis 8 male/female (dforce ready). https://www.deviantart.com/ryselle-chan/art/Free-Download-ST-LowerDecks-Uniforms-for-G8M-G8F-1006759636 I am looking for the following: - DS9 male/female - Picard season 3 male/female All for G8 If those are not created yet, I will do so, but I don't want to make double work ;-)

Happy New Year!

Thanks so much for sharing your talent, it's much appreciated. Lower Decks is one of my favourite Treks.

-- Walt Sterdan 

• Will DeckerWill Decker Posts: 188

Ryselle-Ryssa said:

I made a standalone LowerDecks uniform for Genesis 8 male/female (dforce ready). https://www.deviantart.com/ryselle-chan/art/Free-Download-ST-LowerDecks-Uniforms-for-G8M-G8F-1006759636

Cerritos Strong!!!!  Thanks for the new uniforms smiley

• Will DeckerWill Decker Posts: 188

Working on the Cage Era bridge has gien me some ideas to do that Era's U.S.S Forrestal and taking some inspiration from 1960's ideas of future tech (screen intercoms for intership as well as the MARS) still working on other areas of the ship for my story idea

corridor 1 2256.jpg
    1080 x 405 - 369K
    corridor 2 2256.jpg
    1080 x 405 - 475K
    corridor 3 2256.jpg
    1080 x 405 - 394K
    corridor 4 2256.jpg
    1080 x 405 - 411K
    corridor 5 2256.jpg
    1080 x 405 - 455K
    corridor 6 2256.jpg
    1080 x 405 - 469K
    tahira quarters 1 2256.jpg
    1080 x 405 - 242K
    tahira quarters 2 2256.jpg
    1080 x 405 - 283K
    tahira quarters 3 2256.jpg
    1080 x 405 - 293K
    tahira quarters 4 2256.jpg
    1080 x 405 - 371K
    tahira quarters 5 2256.jpg
    2162 x 608 - 1M
    tahira quarters 6 2256.jpg
    2162 x 608 - 1M

Very impressive sets!

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Will Decker said:

Working on the Cage Era bridge has gien me some ideas to do that Era's U.S.S Forrestal and taking some inspiration from 1960's ideas of future tech (screen intercoms for intership as well as the MARS) still working on other areas of the ship for my story idea

Looking good! 

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272

Thos RenderHub Trek characters are amazing. I would totally buy them all if I used DAZ Studio.

I wonder if the Janice Rand one was used in this render

• FleetAdmiral01FleetAdmiral01 Posts: 110
    edited January 3

The RenderHub Trek characters are G8 conversions of the Star Trek Fleet Command character models. And the creator of the conversions has confirmed to me that Deep Space Nine and Voyager are in the works.

However he keeps asking me about Khan as I was the one who supplied the base models in the first place. But unfortunately the only Khan model Star Trek Fleet Command has is Kelvin Timeline Khan.

Post edited by FleetAdmiral01 on

Hah. I bet there would be interest in Kelvin Khan. Cumberbatch has quite the following. 

Do you think there might be copyright issues? Paraborg does go after people who try to sell fan stuff. They're fine if it's free, but open a Redbubble, and they'll shut you down if they find it.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 703

FleetAdmiral01

I wanted to ask him if the Enterprise model he made on RH could have additional names and numbers for it, and will we see more ships in the future?smiley

randym77 said:

Thos RenderHub Trek characters are amazing. I would totally buy them all if I used DAZ Studio.

I can answer most definitely, "Yes." wink

Ptrope said:

randym77 said:

I can answer most definitely, "Yes." wink

Really nice work! I'm amazed it only took you 4 hours.

Thanks, randym77 - it was fun smiley. It probably took longer, just because I'd add something and then render it, then fix issues I found, then render again, but I guesstimated that the non-render time was probably about 4 hours all together. I was happy I didn't need to make any changes to her face; Sulu and Spock weren't really that close to the right shapes. My main issue with the set (other than the prices) is that the textures are baked into the uniforms, so you can't change colors, departments or ranks easily.

Ptrope said:

Thanks, randym77 - it was fun smiley. It probably took longer, just because I'd add something and then render it, then fix issues I found, then render again, but I guesstimated that the non-render time was probably about 4 hours all together. I was happy I didn't need to make any changes to her face; Sulu and Spock weren't really that close to the right shapes. My main issue with the set (other than the prices) is that the textures are baked into the uniforms, so you can't change colors, departments or ranks easily.

I love the lighting you used. Looks very Trek, as well as Christmas-y. 

I didn't realize it was possible to bake the textures in. Must be a DAZ Studio thing, because I can't imagine how you'd do it with Poser. 

I assume you can take the uniforms off, judging from how she's (un)dressed. wink

• The Renderhub Star Trek collection just added some Deep Space Nine.

edited January 5

randym77, maybe I'm not using "baked in" correctly, but the uniforms have all the wrinkles, highlights and shadows painted into the textures, plus they are in the normal maps. The seams and color changes are not part of the geometry, so you can't just change the color of the tunic without affecting the rank, badge, collar, etc. without masking in a paint program (which I don't currently have running). The uniforms are separate, but the figures do have a lot of the lighting painted in, as well; I've seen mentioned that these figures may be converted from videogames for use on Genesis 8 figs, which makes sense looking at the textures.

Glad you like the lighting - I've been trying to work lately with more photographic lighting, setting them up like a RL studio with bounce cards, edge and fill lights, etc. One happy accident was when I hung the stockings on the rail, and then realized that I could use the vent behind it to act like a fireplace wink.

Post edited by Ptrope on

Ah, thanks, that explains it. Maybe a texturist could make new textures for the uniforms. In this age of PBR everything, painted on shadows and highlights would be a pain.

I particularly like how clipboard serves as a "bounce card" of sorts. 

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136

FleetAdmiral01 said:

The Renderhub Star Trek collection just added some Deep Space Nine.

Now we just need sets from the show. 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,280
    edited January 6
    I find the vendor putting 99% of the female characters they have in bikinis for promos off putting, when they don't show what the bodies of any of their male characters look like.
    Post edited by Timbales on

nightwolf1982 said:

FleetAdmiral01 said:

The Renderhub Star Trek collection just added some Deep Space Nine.

Now we just need sets from the show. 

Would love a DS9 promenade. Even if I had to convert it.