Exporting an animation without parented Null controller attached.

THE PROBLEM:

I am currently using a method of attaching a null controller to the Genesis 3 rig (Upper Neck) in order to have the head "Look At" a focus Null for animating. I got this technique fom a Daz 3D tutorial found here:

When I import the animation from DAZ as an FBX and import it into UE4 (Just the animation, the skelleton and physics assets are already in place in the engine), everything in the animation works correctly except that the face is completely contorted.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:

When I troubeshot this, I found that it was due to the exported animation rig (FBX file) having a parented null, and the righ in UE4 is using a stock DAZ rig. Since the null is missing on the rig in UE4 it causes the animation's head to become completely contorted. When I export the animation without the controlled head movement, and with the Null controller removed, the animation works perfectly, no head contortion.

I have found a temperary solution for this is to import a rig with the null controller for the head into UE4, however, this causes other issues such as other sections in UE4 have the face contortion due to the focus null not being present, i.e. the physics manager.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR:

I am looking for a solution that allows me use nulls in Daz for animation OR the ability to focus the head without parenting nulls to the rig and allows me to export the animation as a standard DAZ rig for import into UE4. Something as simple as "baking" the head movement generated by the null into the animation would be good, or being able to have the head focus on a point without modifying or having to parent a null to the exported rig would be ideal!

PLEASE NOTE:

I am aware that DAZ characters are not optimized for UE4 due to the high poly count and the added bones for better "twist", however, I am looking for a simple solution for some small projects. I am looking to just use the DAZ rigging. I am not looking for a solution that involves me replacing / modifying the stock DAZ rig.

I have licenes for "Graphmate", "Keymate", and "Animate" tools if needed for the solution.

Thank you in advanced. I have really been struggling with this.