Carrara 8.5 Mil Dog tail bend problem

LordGhoulLordGhoul Posts: 43
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I posted this in nuts n bolts with no responses, so I'm trying again here.

In Carrara 8.1, Win64 the Mil Dog tail bends properly
In Carrara_8.5.0.204_Win64 the tail pieces do not.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Apologies if this has already been solved, but I can’t seem to find the answer to this problem.

Thanks

tailproblem.png
1280 x 720 - 362K

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Lordghoul said:
    I posted this in nuts n bolts with no responses, so I'm trying again here.

In Carrara 8.1, Win64 the Mil Dog tail bends properly
    In Carrara_8.5.0.204_Win64 the tail pieces do not.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Apologies if this has already been solved, but I can’t seem to find the answer to this problem.

Thanks

There was a thread about this a couple months ago. I don't recall what the solution was. What have you tried so far, so that we don't suggest things you've already done?

• LordGhoulLordGhoul Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply evil!

I could have sworn this was already dealt with and so I scoured the forum, but couldn't find the topic.

I didn't know what to try since loading the identical scene in C.8 is fine, while C.8.5 has the kinks. As a work around I tried limiting the tail sections to "ball joint" movement, but no luck.

Ok, I started C.8 and C8.5 side by side and loaded mil dog in each.

I selected TailTip and noticed that the orientation x value is 5.26 in 8 and -5.26 in 8.5, same with all the other tail pieces, but changing them to positive did nothing. I couldn't find any other differences between the two.

I also have the problem with the old V3 universal pigtail. Maybe it has something to do with the age of the models. Still, did 8.5 remove something from 8 that handled the bending? Don't know.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

what happens if you save it as a .car file and reopen it?
    and yes I get his on rare occasions with some figures, my solution select part of hierarchy affected, go to animation and add ik balljoint resraints to children

• LordGhoulLordGhoul Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Wendy,

Thanks for the tip, but still no luck.

I haven't solved the problem, but I've found a way around it.

The dog (and ultimate ponytail) that has the problem was a character that I had saved in My Objects. I loaded a fresh millennium dog from the poser .cr2 in the Content window and the tail behaves properly (so does the ponytail).

So, functionally, this is not a problem any more, but technically I would consider it a bug.

Now that I think of it, I've had other objects behave badly in 8.5, including props that I built out of primitives, loading with major deformations. For some reason going back into C8, re-saving the prop and bringing it back to 8.5 worked (I would have hated it if the prop was permanently unusable in 8.5)

Thanks again to evilproducer and wendycats for giving it a shot!

edited December 1969

I've had this issue with the big Mil cat in C7.2, but it's been awhile since I used it.

edited December 1969

Lordghoul said:
    Wendy,

Thanks for the tip, but still no luck.

I haven't solved the problem, but I've found a way around it.

The dog (and ultimate ponytail) that has the problem was a character that I had saved in My Objects. I loaded a fresh millennium dog from the poser .cr2 in the Content window and the tail behaves properly (so does the ponytail).

So, functionally, this is not a problem any more, but technically I would consider it a bug.

Now that I think of it, I've had other objects behave badly in 8.5, including props that I built out of primitives, loading with major deformations. For some reason going back into C8, re-saving the prop and bringing it back to 8.5 worked (I would have hated it if the prop was permanently unusable in 8.5)

Thanks again to evilproducer and wendycats for giving it a shot!

Sorry we couldn't have been more help. I'd recommend the bug tracker, but it's offline at the moment.