Is there an EASY was to create my own morph character?

I purhcased various face morphs and by mixing & matching a dozen or more of them, I was able to create unique looking characters (5% of morph #1, 12% of morph #2, 7% of morph #3, etc.). The problem is that by including all of these morphs, each character is now 40-60MEG in size. Is there a SIMPLE way that I can convert my character to be it's own character taking up less space?

Comments

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Subscribing, would like to know too

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited August 2018

That would be lovely...I have a character who has so much going on with morphs that, after adding all of his body hair, takes about three minutes alone to save...and that's with a 1080TI and 32GB of RAM. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Well, I can't help with the hair, but you can set the figure's resolution to Base and SubD 0 and export to obj with all your morphs on.  Then you can use Morph Loader Pro to reload as just one morph for your own use.  You can't re-release that, but if it's a character you use a lot it can save time and space.

The other time this doesn't work well is if it's a character that is super bulky (Massive-scale muscular or George-level overweight) because those characters really need JCMs that you can't preserve if you combine the morphs into one.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,052

Thank you. Where do I download Morph Loader Pro from?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

It's already a free part of Daz Studio!  The icon looks like a flexing arm with an M on it.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited August 2018

Well, I can't help with the hair, but you can set the figure's resolution to Base and SubD 0 and export to obj with all your morphs on.  Then you can use Morph Loader Pro to reload as just one morph for your own use.  You can't re-release that, but if it's a character you use a lot it can save time and space.

The other time this doesn't work well is if it's a character that is super bulky (Massive-scale muscular or George-level overweight) because those characters really need JCMs that you can't preserve if you combine the morphs into one.

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, most of my guys are on the muscly side. This guy I just finished and he's at about 2min to save with only pants, lol. He does have a high SubD level (as well as the hair), and I know all that adds up. The one that sits around three minutes isn't as bulky but is just as toned. I don't think any of my guys can bend without the help of JCMs. It's a very useful suggestion for my girls though...but they don't take nearly as long to save. 

Screenshot - 4.png
    1085 x 1089 - 2M
    Post edited by MelissaGT on
    edited August 2018

It's already a free part of Daz Studio!  The icon looks like a flexing arm with an M on it.

I followed the tutorial (THANK YOU) and everything came out perfectly EXCEPT when I tried to pose him and then NOTHING worked (see attached file). I obviously did something wrong but I have no clue as to what it might be. Any ideas from anyone.

what happened.png
    795 x 869 - 243K
    Post edited by Drogo Nazhur on

And if I try to use any preset poses, things get really weird -- see attachment

what happened.png
    833 x 949 - 263K
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Just love those, more pleaselaugh

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

It's a free part of DAZ Studio

It's a free part of DAZ Studio

Yeah, I figured that out but the problem is that while I am able to create the morph, I am unable to pose the character -- see attached images above.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Welp, if I ever need “incredibly scary horror mutant” I know what to do. smiley

if I have time today ill try morphloader as well.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

you need to adjust rigging to figure shape and run ERC freeze

as all the bones in the wrong places

reread sickleyields tutorial