How to make a texture show up in3Delight renders?

I created a simple set in Hexagon, exported it to DAZ and put textures on some surfaces using simple JPG files. The textures show in the preview and in iray renders, but in 3Delight renders, the surface stays just solid/grey.

I'm not aware that I set any surface or texture specifically to iray - I wouldn't even know how to do that. Does anyone know what to do in order to let a texture show up in one render-world or the other? In my case, I use 3Delight, because it's a lot faster on my 9 year old computer.

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

Can you post a screenshot of the surface setting?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

In the surface pane, when you have the figure/object selected, you should see in the upper left corner which shader is being used. If it's a 3DL shader it should say something like DS default shader, if it says IRay Ubershader you know it's an IRay shader and will not work as expected in 3DL. You change  the shader by selecting the item AND the surface(s) in the surface pane, then look up the shader you want to use in your content library/shader presets and double click.

• thilionthilion Posts: 52

Thank you for your replies. I will attch screenshots of the surface settings.

Concerning the shader that can be seen in the top left corner: it appears I'm using no shader :-(

Correction: When I select the object with the Surface Selection Tool, it says: "Shader: DAZ Studio Default". I also found the shading options in the Content Library --> DS Defaults. Now the texture shows in 3Delight renders. Thank you for your help.

A general question: Is there any better documentation on DAZ 3D than the "user guide" on the DAZ homepage (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/)? That user guide is more like a quick start guide. Or is there any literature that would help me to learn 3D image creation and rendering? I would like to understand all those terms like Shading, Diffuse, Specular, Ambient, Refraction, Bump-Map, UV-Map, etc. I won't mind a fat book, if it would help me getting along with DAZ.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-13 um 19.07.06.png
    1022 x 588 - 181K
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-13 um 19.07.33.png
    355 x 477 - 60K