Its all timing and relativity. It really isn't

davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

so gift card sale... if you were in the game to buy a new release, cool .. but even then, the current gift card sale really isn't. New non PC+ releases cost more than the resulting gift card purchase savings ... unless you have cash to buy card worth $100 or more. 
Even buying new PC+ items , the lowest of which is $2.80 for me, doesn't result in much off overall on the card. 

I dont get these kinds of sales really. 

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

And time is money, so it's all money, reallycool

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

You get the gift card as a bonus if you're already buying something. That's how these things work.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    daveso said:

Even buying new PC+ items , the lowest of which is $2.80 for me, doesn't result in much off overall on the card. 

It's definitely a case of the more you spend the more you save, so if you have a rough idea of how much you'll probably spend over the next few weeks, you can save quite a bit by letting DAZ get their hands on your money early.  That said, this offer still gives you 4% off on a card even if you're buying nothing, so if you bought a $50 card, that would be $2 off, the equivalnet of a free $1.99 PC+ item. 

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@daveso "I dont get these kinds of sales really. "

Savings on a gift card is an additional discount to be applied to some future purchase. What's not to get?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Only if you would have bought the items anyway.

Encouraging one to buy something that we either wouldn't or would wait for is of dubious benefit; especially as once we've bought a card, we tend to spend more; well if I'm not careful, I do.

fastbike1 said:

@daveso "I dont get these kinds of sales really. "

Savings on a gift card is an additional discount to be applied to some future purchase. What's not to get?

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684

I've used these kind of giftcard sales in the past for the PA and the PC+ sales. I KNEW I would be spending lots in those months anyway, so 15% off helps a lot if we're talking about a few hundred dollars. I don't have that much to spend at the moment (sadly!).

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

Cybersox said:

It's definitely a case of the more you spend the more you save, so if you have a rough idea of how much you'll probably spend over the next few weeks, you can save quite a bit by letting DAZ get their hands on your money early.  That said, this offer still gives you 4% off on a card even if you're buying nothing, so if you bought a $50 card, that would be $2 off, the equivalnet of a free $1.99 PC+ item. 

But......but....if I don't buy anything, I save 100%?? laugh

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210
    DustRider said:

Cybersox said:

But......but....if I don't buy anything, I save 100%?? laugh

In your case, you double your money. Fold it in half and put it back in your pocket. It works for me.wink

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I saw it as a way to 'pre-commit' to the next DO Pro Bundle and appear to be saving money but 4% was not enough for me to 'pre-commit' and the better discounts on the gift cards required purchases that completely negated the gift card's discount's worth.

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100

But a fool and his money are soon parted, thus depriving him of time. Thus, with age comes wisdom.

• In another sense "Penny wise, Pound foolish"

wiz said:

But a fool and his money are soon parted, thus depriving him of time. Thus, with age comes wisdom.

Beautifulangel! I have no money but all the time in the world. What does that make me?

• StingerStinger Posts: 296
    wiz said:

Beautifulangel! I have no money but all the time in the world. What does that make me?

A mooch. wink

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

I saw it as a way to 'pre-commit' to the next DO Pro Bundle and appear to be saving money but 4% was not enough for me to 'pre-commit' and the better discounts on the gift cards required purchases that completely negated the gift card's discount's worth.

exactly

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
    wiz said:

an artist

Stinger said:
    wiz said:

A mooch. wink

Haha, possibly!

daveso said:
    wiz said:

an artist

Lol,yes, we have a winnerblush