DAZ Autofit Problem

Hey guys,

So i've researched this topic before and there seems to be an issue coming up with CMS which I'll get to...

I recently had to re-install daz and install content on a secondary drive because my SSD was filling up.

1. I Installed the DAZ app on my main drive program files folder (which I think was correct)

2. I set conent to be downloaded to a secondary drive - however, instead of all the content being organized into "scene, runtime, etc" it's just a big stringout of XML files and ZIP Files.

3. When i open DAZ and connect the content library, i get everything showing up in my smart content so I think i did it right - HOWEVER, when I try to autofit anything, there is always an "unsupported" option with no genesis autofit options available (when normally I'd have all of the options).

- I'm wondering if this has to do with my CMS settings and if i need to install somewhere specifically - OR if this has something to do with the content library folder not being organized...

Hope this is enough info to get sorted!

Thanks so much guys, sorry for the noob question!!

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

It sound like you have only downloaded the content not actually installed it.

• Yes, the lack of originmal figures is related to the CMS. Could you give some more information on what is happenign at step 2?

• lucalucalucaluca Posts: 10

Hey Richard,

This is what the folder looks like:

Screenshot (3).png
    1077 x 2159 - 1M

Here's a screenshot of my studio library folder

Screenshot (5).png
    1000 x 2159 - 241K
  • Those are the zips used by Install Manager, along with their manifest files, not the installed content used by DS.

So why is my content installing like that?? Is it because it's not on a main directory folder?

I've been doing everything through DIM and then re-routing within DAZ content directory..

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075
    edited August 2018

@lucawolfgangrepola

DIM does not install automatically unless you select the "Install after download" check box at the bottom of the Reay To Download screen. See first attachment. When DIM is setup correctly, there is no "re-routing" within Studio.

When you click the gear icon at the top right of the initial screen, you get to the Accounts, Downloads, Installation, Applications screen (see attachmnet 2). The Downloads tab show the path for the downloads. THIS IS NOT A PATH IN STUDIO'S CONTENT DIRECTORY.

The Installation tab (see attachment 3) should match your Studio Content Directory Manager top level path exactly.

Attach 1

Attach 2

Attach 3

Capture.PNG
    777 x 631 - 101K
    Capture2.PNG
    563 x 195 - 33K
    Capture3.PNG
    566 x 315 - 41K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on

@fastbike1

Thanks for this - currently all of my products are "INSTALLED" as the box was checked. I've attached my folder directory structure to compare since I'm not sure what I'm missing!!

Screenshot (9).png
    675 x 781 - 104K
    Screenshot (10).png
    673 x 786 - 103K
    Screenshot (11).png
    661 x 782 - 103K
    Screenshot (14).png
    1101 x 613 - 40K
    Screenshot (15).png
    581 x 562 - 69K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

Your Content Directory Manager (final attachment) has got the DAZ Studio Formats library set incorrrectly - it need to match the installation path (attachment 1)

edited August 2018

@melanieL OMG IT WORKED!

Post edited by lucaluca on

Thanks so much - just want to make sure after that my config is good to go? Don't want any more issues coming up with a faulty directory....is that folder with the XMLs and ZIP files ok?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

Well I myself would have chosen to make the download folder completely separate from the content one (maybe "D:\DIM Downloads" or something) BUT I don't think the way you have it should actually cause any problems.