Exporting textures

fornetfornet Posts: 1
edited August 2018 in New Users

I am trying to convert the textures for a gen3 character to gen2. I was able to load the gen3 texures onto gen2 character by using https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-uvs-for-genesis-2-female-s , which makes geografts to fill in the seams.

It looks good in daz3d with the geografts, but I am trying to export those textures to the gen2 format so I can apply them on another gen2 character without using geografts. Is there anyway to export / make a texture map for this? I tried the map transfer utility, made a template and included the geografts in the template, but the areas the geografts filled are still blank when exported

Post edited by fornet on

Comments

• Not as far as I am aware, no.

• fornetfornet Posts: 1
    edited August 2018

Richard Haseltine said:

Not as far as I am aware, no.

Damn ok :( I wasted so much time trying to do this I should of just asked here in the first place

Post edited by fornet on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

The problem is that the location of parts was rearranged at the changeover from G2 to G3. Before that, there were just minor differences between the UV sets of each generation, that could be compensated.

If you want to manually make these changes, you'd have to physically rearrange the images of each map using a photo editor like GIMP or Photoshop. I think there was one program that you'd have to buy, which is able to make the rearrangement, but I don't remember properly. Blacksmith or something, sold over at Renderosity's shop.

• fornetfornet Posts: 1

Not as far as I am aware, no.

BeeMKay said:

The problem is that the location of parts was rearranged at the changeover from G2 to G3. Before that, there were just minor differences between the UV sets of each generation, that could be compensated.

If you want to manually make these changes, you'd have to physically rearrange the images of each map using a photo editor like GIMP or Photoshop. I think there was one program that you'd have to buy, which is able to make the rearrangement, but I don't remember properly. Blacksmith or something, sold over at Renderosity's shop.

I took a quick look at blacksmiths tool and It showed that it supported g3m to g2m, but not the reverse. Can anyone confirm if texture transformer works for g2m > g3m?