Cloth conversion.

I am looking at wear them all and I am unsure what even I am looking at. I would like Genesis 2 female clothing and male clothing to work on Genesis 3 female and male but I have no clue what I am reading. So which one is which?

Comments

• MalusMalus Posts: 370

You can delete this if you want I think I found it. SY clones. I think. 

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

load your character
    - clear selection (nothing selected in scene)
    insert the Genesis 2 clothe in the scene 

select the cloth and via menu  -"scene identification"

change from genesis 2 female to genesis 3 female and apply
    now, use the 'FIT TO' genesis 2 character and enjoy, 

depend of clothes,
    more than 80% are working perfect, some need just minnor adjustement

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Sickleyield also has a great video on Converting Clothing and Shoes between Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 Females. A similar process would probably work between Genesis 2 and 3 although I'm not sure those figures are as similar as Genesis 3 and 8 are.

Thanks, funnily enough, it was between 8 and 3 I thought it was 2 lol. Currently having a much bigger issue happen. I messed with the layouts presets to see what they were about and everything I had installed manually disappeared. They refuse to come back. I scanned all my drives, I scanned known drives, refreshed, restarted etc. Either they are gone or I cannot search for them but from all the scrolling I did a lot are gone and I have no clue how to fix it. 

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Changing the UI layout shouldn't remove content. :(

You checked to make sure your conent folders are all still mapped properly?

Also, did you check the Lost and Found section to see if just some of your metadata like categories, etc. has gone missing?

I had to reimport all the metadata. Which did import everything for me plus organized it which was a bonus. Kinda a happy scary accident. Though yeah it did delete everything. I had a few hundred freebies I found out in the ether and gone, scanning known directories, etc did nothing. Even checked and made sure my directories were right and yeah they were. It even at one point deleted the main genesis 3 and so on content. Which came by default. Weird. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    JonnyRay said:

Sickleyield also has a great video on Converting Clothing and Shoes between Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 Females. A similar process would probably work between Genesis 2 and 3 although I'm not sure those figures are as similar as Genesis 3 and 8 are.

I've been looking high and low for this YouTube video.  Thanks so much!  She really is a gem when it comes to excellent tutorials!