All images are surimposed

odasteinodastein Posts: 606
edited August 2018 in New Users

Ok, so i'm a complete newbie, and I have the following problem : the previous images or the previous positions of something stay visible on the central screen. I guess it isn't clear, so for instance :

I click on "clear the scene" : the scene stays there. I add a charater on the "new" scene : it's surimposed on the previous scene. I switch to "side view" : I now have on screen the previous scene, the new character in perspective view and the new character in side view, all surimposed. I rotate the character : now I have all the intermediate positions added to the rest. I zoom out : all the intermediate levels of zoom appear too. In fact, at this point the central screen has become a grey mess of surimposed characters. And it's not just characters : all the intermediate positions of the background stay on screen too if I rotate, same for the lower grid/floor...  (and it's the same in the "auxiliary view", by the way)

It's corrected easily by changing the size of the central screen. If I reduce or enlarge its size, I can now see the final situation, for instance in this case the previous scene dissapear, and I can see only one copy of the new character in side view, zoomed out, as it should be. However, I don't think I'm supposed to change the size of the screen every time I do anything. 

So, what is the problem and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance.

Post edited by odastein on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Go to the Edit menu. Select Preferences. Click on the Interface tab. Change Dispkay Optimization to Best. Does that help?
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Also, the "Clear the scene" option often takes quite a while to finish cleaning up the scene. I'd wait until there really is nothing else left in the scene before you load something new.

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    barbult said:
    Go to the Edit menu. Select Preferences. Click on the Interface tab. Change Dispkay Optimization to Best. Does that help?

No. It's the same.  :(

BeeMKay said:

Also, the "Clear the scene" option often takes quite a while to finish cleaning up the scene. I'd wait until there really is nothing else left in the scene before you load something new.

It never goes away if I wait. Anything that appears on the screen stays there permanently. For instance if I delete an item, it doesn't dissapear. If I move an item, not only the original position and the final position appear, but all the intermediate ones, as if I was depicting the movement. If I open several scenes in a row, all of them appear, superposed. Previous images only go away when I change the size of the central screen.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Is Daz Studio the only application that you are having problems with? What graphics card do you have driving the display?

• It does sound like a GPU/driver issue.

barbult said:

Is Daz Studio the only application that you are having problems with? What graphics card do you have driving the display?

I don't have any issue with anything else, no.

The card is an NVIDIA GEForce GTX 1050. I gave a first try to Daz 3D some months ago with the same computer/card and I didn't have this problem.

It does sound like a GPU/driver issue.

I updated the graphic card driver without result.

For the record, even though I still have this problem, I realized that it doesn't occur when I use the pannel command to move a prop of figure. So, if I rotate a character or limb using "rotation" in the command panel, everything is normal. It's when I try to rotate it using the mouse that it happens. It still also happens when I load a new scene, or change the view, or delete something, but it's still considerably less annoying since I make most changes in the panel.