Content Library Missing Icon Image

Most of my Genesis 8 models have an image of the character in My Daz Library folder/People/Characters. I have 2 of them that don't have the image of my character and was wondering how to put the image there.

Thanks for any advice and your knowledge of Daz Studio 4.10

Comments

• Are these purchased items or your own saves? From the path I assume this is under Daz Studio Formats in the Content Library pane. To add a thumbnail, you need a 91 pixel square PNG image with the same name as the .duf file (e.g. My Character.duf and My Character.png).

• ZelodonioZelodonio Posts: 19
    edited August 2018

Hi! And thanks for you time and response! They were purchased. Manuel install. Purchased at Renderosity. The models didn't come with a .duf for the image, so I assume that's why there's no image for character. O Well, thanks anyway. By the way, do you know how I could create one? Thanks!

Post edited by Zelodonio on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,232
    Zelodonio said:

Hi! And thanks for you time and response! They were purchased. Manuel install. Purchased at Renderosity. The models didn't come with a .duf for the image, so I assume that's why there's no image for character. O Well, thanks anyway.

Create a  very small PNG file (many Daz thumbnail images are 91x91 pixels, but it can be bigger). Name it exactly the same name as the DUF file for your character. Put it in the same folder as the DUF file for your character. So, for example, if your character is My New Girl.duf, your thumbnail image should be named My New Girl.png. 

• Zelodonio said:

Hi! And thanks for you time and response! They were purchased. Manuel install. Purchased at Renderosity. The models didn't come with a .duf for the image, so I assume that's why there's no image for character. O Well, thanks anyway. By the way, do you know how I could create one? Thanks!

The .duf file is the Daz Studio file. What format are the products in? If they are not native Daz Studio files then they will not appear under Daz Studio Formats at all.

• Thanks Everyone! Will give it a go!

• Hey! Got it to work! Thanks everyone!