Why is the download failing in the Install manager?

borisisakittyborisisakitty Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm not computer savy. I know enough to get by...soo I know my internets working and I know I made the purchase. I can see it in my purchase log and ang what not..but when I try to use the Daz Install manager for my new content it just tells me the download failed. I upgraded my Install manager before attempting to get my new content as apparently I haven't used it in a while. >...< Why's it full of hate?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Is this happening with every item you try to download?

• borisisakittyborisisakitty Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Well it's never happened before. Just with the 3 items I purchased today from Daz.

edited December 1969

It could be a temporary glitch, or something to do with those particular items. If it's still happening after an hour, open a support ticket.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Could you Post a Screen shot of the DIM with the Failed notice? It might help me understand the problem better.

edited August 2013

Usually once I open the DIM and hit refresh all my new content shows up in it. This time none of my new content is showing up..if I go to the account management and click the button it does show up..although it will only let me do one of the three at a time apparently, but all 3 give me the same download failed.

As to the wait an hour and then submit a ticket..I bought the items three hours ago. I did submit a ticket just before I posted here though. :33

OHGAWDWHY!.png
    927 x 799 - 103K
    Post edited by borisisakitty on
    edited December 1969

So you can't download from Product Library either?

edited December 1969

So you can't download from Product Library either?

I can manually download it, but then I'm lost as to what to do with that file. I can also hit the button to send it into the DIM..when I hit the start Queue button to make it download and install is when I get the download failed. :3
  • eposiceposic Posts: 32
    edited August 2013

I'm having same problem, exactly as described here, but with more products involved (see screenshot, but note that I had cleared the filter field at the point when the screenshot was taken). I've also submitted a ticket. It's been over two hours since I made my purchase. I tried again just now, and it's still having a problem.

DIM-downloads-failed.jpg
    460 x 460 - 51K
    Post edited by eposic on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

I bought four items earlier this afternoon. Since they didn't show up in the Ready to Download tab when I launched DIM, I tried to use the download and install to DIM links I the Product Library which resulted in Download Failed!.

Error message in the DIM log says: Error - 404: Not found.

All four products eventually showed up for me when I launched DIM about 45 minutes later.

edited August 2013

I'm still waiting on Growing up to hit my DIM. I know this much, if the files do not hit DIM on their own other methods will fail as the Sever is having a issue. That is why the item has not hit Dim on it's own. Once it show in DIM at open it should Download and Install properly.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Here are the types of errors I'm seeing in the log:

WARNING: Error while downloading to file "IM00013888-01_BellaHair.zip", error - 404 : Not Found
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": Operation canceled
    WARNING: QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.

This same set of error messages repeats for all the products in my last order.

edited December 1969

One more thing. Usually when I click the Refresh button in DIM, it takes several seconds, maybe even a minute to check for any new downloads. It is now giving up after only three or four seconds,and fails to refresh the downloads list. To get the products to show up in DIM, I have to go onto the DAZ web site and click a Download & Link button, either on the Product Library page or an Order page. Then DIM will list the products, as shown in my earlier screenshot, but it fails to download them when the Start Queue button is clicked.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,918
    edited August 2013

It appears to have been a server issue, which should be working now.

If it's still not available: a workaround is to manually download the DIM files from the Product Library Page in your account, then move them from where you downloaded it to the downloads directory specified in DIM. Start DIM and it should be listed on the Ready to Install tab.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • KafresesKafreses Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Where exactly in the DIM directory do you download to? Projects?

edited December 1969

This is a very old thread. Are you asking this for yourself or to help those that are no longer following this thread? If for yourself the DIM makes a Downloads folder in its own folders. That can be found and or changed in the GEAR icon which is the settings tool. Here is my default DIM downloads folder on my Hard drive.

Capture-001.png
    681 x 219 - 39K