I cannot find Backgrounds I purchased

I bought a set of 40 backgrounds and light sets called Chaotic Realms.  They look really cool. (See the attached pictures)  Although it was difficult, I found the light sets, BUT I cannot find the backgrounds in DAZ Studio.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chaotic Realms.jpg
668 x 858 - 122K
Backgrounds.jpg
531 x 212 - 41K

Comments

• CGHipsterCGHipster Posts: 241
    edited August 2018

Hi, sometimes the content could be loaded to the content library and not the smart content folder, or at least not the most obvious place.  If you go to the content library and scroll down to "Products" you can search by name following the folders, they are alphabetical.  Sometimes they can be stored by the PA's name (The creator) and then product, sometimes just by the product name.  Once you find the folder you can right click your mouse and search for the content in the smart folder, if it is there it will show.  If it is not there you can add it to a category, or just use it from the content folder by dbl clicking the product and the stuff will be there.

Also, if you go to the daz install manager and to "installed" you can earch the product and then at the bottom you can checkbox the "Details" and it will show you the path in your folders where it was installed to.  If all else fails try searching the "lost and found" as older products don't always have meta tags and will be left there until you move it to a category with the db manager.

Post edited by CGHipster on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

The backgrounds are jpgs to be used in a photo editing software like GIMP or Photoshop in Postwork, so you wouldn't find them in DAZ Studio.

You'd have to check your runtime manually for them. Unfortunately, the product readme page http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/11792/start doesn't have a file listing, but if you installed through DIM, like CGHipster said, you can use it to show you where the items were installed.

Otherwise, as I own that product, I can look up the storage information for you when I have access to my renderPC.

• CGHipster said:
    Also, if you go to the daz install manager and to "installed" you can earch the product and then at the bottom you can checkbox the "Details" and it will show you the path in your folders where it was installed to.  If all else fails try searching the "lost and found" as older products don't always have meta tags and will be left there until you move it to a category with the db manager.

You can right-click on the entry in the Installed tab, select View Installed files, and use the clickable links to navigate to the folder.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

You'll find the jpgs in your runtime:

My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Chaotic Realms Backgrounds

• VictorioVictorio Posts: 81

HURRAY!  Thank you all very much.  I finally found them... and a lot more stuff in that folder from DAZ too.  I never expected them to be in the Documents Folder!

Really appreciate your help!