Jaffa Staff Weapon

DodgerDodger Posts: 304

Freebies are like crisps. Nobody can take just one. So to follow up on the lightsaber with a blaster of sorts, here's a Jaffa Staff Weapon from Stargate SG-1.

http://threednd.com/jaffastaffweapon.html

JaffaStaffWeapon.png
500 x 500 - 45K

Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950

Thanks. Your creations are great yeswink

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Oooh, nice! Been waiting for someone to produce good Stargate models of zappy things. Any chance of an articulated Zat next?

Hmm... can anyone get this converted properly into a D|S asset? Every time I convert to weightmapped, the open/close morph freezes — the only thing that works is saving as a Scene Asset, and that just loads in again as a Poser figure, not full D|S file format.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Nice! been using your old M4 Jaffa armor for awhile now, but parts distort badly when autofitted to G3 or G8. Would love a new G8 version

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621

Oooh, nice! Been waiting for someone to produce good Stargate models of zappy things. Any chance of an articulated Zat next?

Hmm... can anyone get this converted properly into a D|S asset? Every time I convert to weightmapped, the open/close morph freezes — the only thing that works is saving as a Scene Asset, and that just loads in again as a Poser figure, not full D|S file format.

Only problem is, according to Michael Shanks, it would probably have to be hosted over at Renderotica wink

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Only problem is, according to Michael Shanks, it would probably have to be hosted over at Renderotica wink

Ah yes, I remember reading about that interview. In hindsight, I'm surprised no-one took a second look at the shape and went "wait a minute..."  

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621

Ah yes, I remember reading about that interview. In hindsight, I'm surprised no-one took a second look at the shape and went "wait a minute..."  

True, but it's not surprising something like this happened on SG1.

Throughout ALL of TV history, there were --- things done --- by various shows' production crews to creatively slip stuff by right under the noses of the network censors, from Flash Gordon and other early serials, including even mundane shows like Gunsmoke and I Love Lucy, in genres you wouldn't expect such as Disney WB cartoons --- all the way to today. laugh