DND Proportions

LXBlackLXBlack Posts: 25
edited August 2018 in Product Suggestions

Is there a morph somewhere just to change the proportions of the body to those of a basic DND human mini? I mean it can probably be done with the existing morph dials but I don't want to futtz around to get the settings right.When we have 3D printing and we can 3D print Daz characters why cant we put them in DND proportions and print them for our tabletop games?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

So human proportions... which the body already has.

• LXBlackLXBlack Posts: 25

DND miniature proportions are exadurated in a certain way so that the character is recognisable at the small scale

• MandMMandM Posts: 60

I think I found 2 freebie dwarf morphs on cgshare... they were for earlier generations I think..  I'll try to remember to look for them later today to see if they'll work for G8.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

"In certain areas" - excellent way of waffling about and not telling us what you want. Are we talking musculature morphs exaggerated? The Freak? Behemoth 2010? Or are we talking Morpheus? Genesis 2 Animated Shapes?

Even googling for D&D miniature images doesn't help. All you get there is rough faces and bulky clothing in generic "heroic" muscular proportions. Not exactly definitive either.

And going by the ones posted on thingiverse you need cartoony simple shapes. I don't have a 3D printer here, I can't just test-print some figures to figure out what prints well and what does not.

• Moved to Product Suggestions as it is a quest for, not an offer of, freebies.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

How different from normal human proportion a mini is is very much dependant on which company made the mini and what they made it out of.  Most if not all you want could be done simply by scaling body parts of the model.  And unless you have a godly printer you're going to have a hard time with 25/28mm scale, even Hero Forge (you can get STLs from them) which is really stylized is going to look terrible unless you have a really good machine.