Please Help with Transfer Utility Tool !!!

Hello! I am currently working on a project and I have an .obj that I created in Marvelous Designer. I converted it to quads and imported it into Daz. When it imports, it's positioned correctly on my mesh. However, when I use the Transfer Utility tool, it moves my object down and does not map currently (please refer to image). Not sure exactly what I am doing wrong. Is there something wrong with my mesh? Has anyone else had this problem? 

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Hey, nrigieroli. I have not had a lot of experience in using the transfer utility myself, but, based upon what you have shown, I'm guessing that the problem is due to the fact that you are trying to transfer to a child morph of the figure (whichever it is). If the Marvelous Designer garment was made to fit the child morph, and applying the transfer utility shrinks it as shown, that may be a result of scaling the garment down just as the base figure was to create the child morph. If the garment had been designed to fit the base (unmorphed) figure, then it may have worked, but I'm only guessing here. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of how the transfer utility works will come by and offer some insight.

• If the target shape uses scaling you need to redo without the scaling, I think. If there's no scaling involved, just a morph, apply the shape to you figure and then in the transfer Utility set Source Shape to Current, and in the additional options check the reverse Source Shape from Target box.

• Okay, so that worked...but still having some issues...

Instead of keeping the proper draping, like I have it in Marvelous Designer, it is form fitting it to the body when I use the Transfter Utility Tool. Is there a way to get the draping to look like I have it in Marvelous Designer? 

Currently with Transfer Utility Tool: 

You can see that it is much more form-fitted which is not what I want...It SHOULD look like this:

Is there a way to get this look? I think it's almost shrink-wrapping the clothes to the figure when it resizes from the Genesis 3 generic model to my morphs. Can I prevent this or make it go back to the original somehow? 

Help would be amazing! Thank you <3 

• I think that is due to the shape projection - both reversing out the shape you modelled around, to get back to the base shape for rigging, and then projecting the morph into the clothing once it is rigged. If you are applying a single morph to the base figure you could try loading your original OBJ as a morph target - find the morph you are using in the Parameters pane, click the gear icon on the slider>Parameter Settings, and copy the name (not the lable). Make a copy of your OBJ and paste the copied morph name into its name. Now Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro, Choose Morph Files and select the OBJ, click the triangle next to the file name to access options, right-click on Make Unique next to Overwrite existing and select Deltas Only, make sure the From button at the top lists the same preset as you used to load the OBJ for rigging, and see how that works.

• nruggierolinruggieroli Posts: 8
    edited August 2018

Okay, so I finally got the shorts looking a bit better but they're tearing when it's morphing. I really need help with this, it's been extremely frustrating. Even in the resting position they're not looking 100% correct.

This is how they SHOULD look (i took out all the wrinkles so they would be easier to work with):

This is what happens when I run transfer utility:

And this is what happens when I pose them:

Please help!!! I am really going mad tryin to sort this. 

Post edited by nruggieroli on
  • I'm sorry, alt-tabbing between the before and after iamges I don't see a difference.

As for the pose, that almost certainly means you need to edit the weight-maps (Node Wieght Map Brush tool, with help from the Geometry Editor tool). That area, and the area where the arm joins the torso, are among the hardest to get right.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,151

I'm sorry, alt-tabbing between the before and after iamges I don't see a difference.

As for the pose, that almost certainly means you need to edit the weight-maps (Node Wieght Map Brush tool, with help from the Geometry Editor tool). That area, and the area where the arm joins the torso, are among the hardest to get right.

I believe you don't see a difference, because the same file was attached twice, or at least they have the same filename.

• I'm sorry, alt-tabbing between the before and after iamges I don't see a difference.

Apologies! I just updated the image. I already tried the weight mapping tool, but I think the issue is elsewhere, because no matter how much weight (even when it was 100%) I applied to the hips area (where the V in the shorts is), the V still remained there. I'm not really sure what is going on? It seems like it wasn't a weighting issue unless I'm doing something completely wrong... 

• barbult said:

I'm sorry, alt-tabbing between the before and after iamges I don't see a difference.

I believe you don't see a difference, because the same file was attached twice, or at least they have the same filename

Apologies! I updated!! 

• If you mean the issue with the pose, shown only in one picture, then you will need to edit the maps for the thighs too.

As for the scrunching after the Transfer Utility - this is with the morph applied? it's probably a limitation of morph projection (remember that by using Reverse Source Shape from target you've applied one shape projection to go from the model as imported to a model that fits the base figure, then your morph has been projected into that to get a fit). If it's a single morph applied to the base figure you could load your original OBJ as a morph, making a copy of the OBJ and naming itt o match the figure morph then importing with Morph Loader Pro; however, if it's multiple morphs then, although not impossible to apply, that solution at least becomes trickier.