WeightMapps

bloodboybloodboy Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Just wondering what is the best way to test weightmapps on a cloth ?

By rotate the joints or by aply a Pose ?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Yes. You probably want to do both - a pose will test several joints at the same time, but (depending on your pose collection) may not test everything while bending will let you track the deformation over a range of values, but is hard to do systematically for every combination.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I will usually check each joint individually one plane at a time. Once I know each plane works I will use the posing ball up in the top left corner of the Studio viewport to move the joint in all 3 planes to see how it looks in combination. I always test with smoothing turned off. Once I know each joint looks good I will usually run the figure through a series of poses (Generally the basic male and female poses that come with the Genesis Starter Essentials) to see how the clothing moves when posed.

This of course is coming from a QA testing perspective. I'm not sure how well my workflow would fit in for someone who is doing their own rigging.

• bloodboybloodboy Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

That 's really interesting , also from THE QA Perspektive , maybe a PA as well in THE Future ,
    But I have to learn a Lot about rigging and weightmapped cloth , in Special about Symmetry in WeightMapping???
    By the Way are there any Good tutorials about weightmapping cloth ??