Wrong program linked on Download page?

WsCGWsCG Posts: 391
edited August 2013 in Bryce Discussion

Hello,

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but as it's related to Bryce 7, it seemed appropriate.

In short, I'm trying to download Bryce7 Pro, which I've already purchased, have the Serial Code for and such.

However, on the page with the downloads, it has Bryce 7 Lightning and Bryce Pro Content available, for both Mac and PC.. But no Bryce 7 Pro.

I downloaded and installed Bryce Lightning, but it seems to be some kind of a render farm thing. A big blue window pops up on my screen, but that's it.

Where can I get the actual Bryce 7 program from if not that page?

Or am I supposed to just download Bryce 7, and the Pro bit is somehow something separate?

Thanks for any assistance!

Post edited by WsCG on

Comments

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited August 2013

There is a new installer from DAZ that installs their apps and content. You need to login to your DAZ account on the website, From there gp to your ACCOUNT and then to PRODUCT LIBRARY. Look up the Bryce program from the product library search or index and the page will give you the install options. In most cases you can install manually as before, or even better use the DAZ Install Manager (DIM) which is just super convenient. Note that the structure of the install library have changed. Recommend to install via DIM defaults and let it un-install / reinstall to reorganize your content.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited August 2013

@mike: Got to "My Account" at the top right of the screen. At the top of that screen is the heading "Product Library." Scroll down through that list and you should find Bryce 7 Pro. Everything you purchased will be on that list, except for the activation codes/serial numbers.

The Lightning you downloaded is for using more than one computer to render images, you actually physically link two computers then use Lightning on one computer.

@Dream Cutter: I found out, and DAZ confirmed it, the DAZ installer does not install Bryce 7 Pro.

Post edited by GussNemo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

Good spot, I will report this one straight away.

You should actually have 4 files, One for the Program itself, 2 content files and Bryce lightning, which as said is only needed if you wish to set up a render farm.

I have double checked and confirm the fact that at the moment they are not showing in the Product library

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

OK I investigated a bit more. I bought Bryce 7 Pro as an upgrade. In my product library it appears like this (Image 1)

I then click on the icon arrowed and I get this (image 2)

Can you check to see if you have similar, if not can you file a support ticket to Sales to get it fixed for you.

bryce_prod_lib_2.jpg
    642 x 319 - 78K
    bryce_prod_lib_1.jpg
    642 x 319 - 82K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,117
    edited December 1969

And once you have got the stuff chohole has pointed out, before you install, get the BryceContent_v4.pdf. It will answer a lot of questions.

edited December 1969

Just adding another comment

There is actually only the one version of Bryce 7. It is the serial number that makes it Bryce 7 Pro. Until the Pro serial number is added then Bryce will open with all the buttons for the Pro additions greyed out.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited August 2013

I too had a lot of difficulty figuring out how to get all the pieces-parts. But once it finally dawned on me that even though I purchased "Pro", I still needed to visit the "Bryce 7" page, I would be able to download the program and the "base content" that goes with it.

Another little tidbit about the installers: The Bryce Pro Content installer wants you to "uninstall prior version". This happened on both my laptop and my desktop, with no prior version of Bryce Pro Content to uninstall. The first time, like an inattentive knucklehead, I clicked to the affirmative (yes, uninstall prior version), but the installer crashed. Hehe, I actually did this twice before I decided to try responding "no, keep old installation". Then it worked correctly.

Four installers is a little kludgey; I sure hope that DAZ is working diligently on the new "universal-installer" for Bryce.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Subtropic Pixel: When I posed the same question to DAZ I got the feeling, from their response, that it wouldn't be any time soon. A person would think they'd want to have the installer apply to all software they offer.

edited August 2013

Personally I would prefer to read Horo's PDF and do things his way. I never trust installers to put things where I want them. I always run them, to a dummy folder and then drag and drop.

BTW the DIM does keep getting updated and they are working on getting all the software into it, but it does all take time.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,117
    edited December 1969

One very important detail if you already have a running Bryce and want to re-install it or upgrade. Make sure you copy the complete Presets folder to another location. Every install overwrites the file in that folder. If you purchased or made your own objects, materials, textures, skies, you will lose all of them with an install. So install, if you must, after having saved the Presets folder, then copy it back.