Carrara Challenge 3: PARADISE LOST AND FOUND. Work In Progress (WIP) thread.

191011121315»

Comments

• AntaraAntara Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

I'll have to postpone my decision until my head is in a better place. My wife and I, had to euthanize Poe, our beloved cat. That and I had a set-back in trying to get a better job today as well. Kind of a double whammy. Triple whammy if you consider it's also a Monday.

I am so sorry! I hope you find some good news too to make you feel better.

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'll have to postpone my decision until my head is in a better place. My wife and I, had to euthanize Poe, our beloved cat. That and I had a set-back in trying to get a better job today as well. Kind of a double whammy. Triple whammy if you consider it's also a Monday.

EP, sorry I missed your post. Had to euthanize a few old pets. :(

I hope things improve soon.

FD

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Thanks. It's been a crappy couple weeks, but things will get better, this I know.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

Yes Manhugs from here as well, evil. . Pets are like humans but more valuable. Make sure you talk to them, even if they are not there in body. They'll still be listening.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

@Jonstark, your summary and description of why and how you chose the entries you did was not only exquisite, but made me reconsider my choices! Clearly, you put a great deal of thought into your votes! (And I don't say that because you selected mine. ;) )

Seriously, I was very impressed with your detailed analysis and making your thinking explicit.

That leaves only one question....

When are you going to post an entry or two??? ;)

FD

Lol, maybe someday, when I actually learn how to use Carrara... for now you guys all blow me away with what you can accomplish. Currently I'm watching tutorial vids to try to figure out what the modeling room can do and what all the buttons mean, so maybe someday soon I'll even be able to model a primitive cube :) (though I doubt it). But it's high time I started to learn...

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

So sorry to hear about that, Evil, my heart goes out to you man, that's really tough. The better job thing will definitely come for you, and the Monday will pass, but it's really hard to lose a loved pet. Sending another man-hug your way.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

Jonstark wrote

soon I’ll even be able to model a primitive cube

I'd recommend starting off with a vertex plane - don't want to bite off too much :)

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    Lol, maybe someday, when I actually learn how to use Carrara... for now you guys all blow me away with what you can accomplish. Currently I'm watching tutorial vids to try to figure out what the modeling room can do and what all the buttons mean, so maybe someday soon I'll even be able to model a primitive cube :) (though I doubt it). But it's high time I started to learn...

There's an infinite # of things you can make from a primitive cube! ;) So you're good to go!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
    edited April 2017

The next challenge should be to start with a cube.

Jonstark said:

There's an infinite # of things you can make from a primitive cube! ;) So you're good to go!

Post edited by Diomede on