save as Pose File .pos

KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi, I'm working with Aiko 5 and need to save her pose as a Pose File .pos to import for use in marvelous designer. How would I export or save the pose to a .pos?

Thanks
Kimberly

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,243
    edited December 1969

You can't - that's either a very old Poser format, possibly, or a MD-specific format.

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

You can't - that's either a very old Poser format, possibly, or a MD-specific format.

Thanks, that is what I thought.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Pose your Figure and Save as OBJ file, be sure you do not save OVER your default obj, load this Obj into MD. You can also try a Cr2 file both can be saved from DS.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Pose your Figure and Save as OBJ file, be sure you do not save OVER your default obj, load this Obj into MD. You can also try a Cr2 file both can be saved from DS.

Thanks, I could open the obj figure posed then save as a .pos using MD. What I have is Aiko 5 opened and dressed with the clothing I made. A .pos file is the only file type I can use to pose Aiko 5 to test the clothing movements. While I really only wanted to load poses, MD will take animation file .mdd and probably who I will do this.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

I just import the posed obj as a morph target in MD.

edited December 1969

I tried that a few different ways and all I can get is Not compatible with this avatar. I assume Genesis could be the product since it changes into so many different people. I found this in the MD manual. Oh Well.. I'll try it another day. :)

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited August 2013

KimberSue said:

I tried that a few different ways and all I can get is Not compatible with this avatar. I assume Genesis could be the product since it changes into so many different people. I found this in the MD manual. Oh Well.. I'll try it another day. :)

The "Not compatible" error means the posed obj does not match the original obj. For instance, they both need to be at the same sub-d level or they will not match. I also had this error earlier today when i had accidently included a prop in the posed obj (Daz Studio will include everything that is visible in the scene in the obj).

Edit : if you can't recall the settings you had for the original obj you modelled on, you can also take your posed aiko, reset the pose and export her as obj. Then load that obj as a new avatar. It should fit right into the clothing you had in MD, and it should match the posed obj.

Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on
    edited December 1969

It was a prop like you said. I had hair on one of the figure. Thanks so much.