Suggestions for items sold in the DAZ3D shop

It would be nice if clothing items sold in the DAZ3D shop were very clear as to whether they are conforming or dynamic.  (Showing the file type, i.e. cr2, pp2, obj, etc, may not be clear to new users.  I'm suggestion a very specific label.  Example:  Putting the word "conforming" or "dynamic" in front of the product, such as "Dynamic Principe for M4".)  In fact, it would be additionally helpful if conforming and dynamic were selectable when searching for clothing. 

Comments

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Yeah, just like they do with dforce basically.

Also some products dont have word “textures for” added when it is in fact a texture add on for clothing. If it says x for product y , you know its an add on.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Not sure I see the issue. in my experi8ence I can usually tell conforming from dynamic from the description most times. With dforce being the new thing now, you will probably not see many new dynamic options showing up in the store

Now I have to agree on the texture addon part though, but a sure way to know is look for any required products listed and then you can see if it is just textures.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2018

Old style Dynamic (ie not dForce)  for DS always have optitex amongst the vendor names.   Poser dynamics are usually labelled dynamic, and don't work in DS

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Chohole said:

Dynamic  for DS always have optitex amongst the vendor names.   Poser dynamics are usually labelled dynamic, and don't work in DS

Not the new stuff for dForce!  Neither by Optitex nor for Poser.

Dana

It would be nice if clothing items sold in the DAZ3D shop were very clear as to whether they are conforming or dynamic.  (Showing the file type, i.e. cr2, pp2, obj, etc, may not be clear to new users.  I'm suggestion a very specific label.  Example:  Putting the word "conforming" or "dynamic" in front of the product, such as "Dynamic Principe for M4".)  In fact, it would be additionally helpful if conforming and dynamic were selectable when searching for clothing. 

It is my understanding that anything that says it's for dForce must also adhere to the ability to be used as conforming as well.  Someone correct me if this is not the case.

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    DanaTA said:
    Chohole said:

Dynamic  for DS always have optitex amongst the vendor names.   Poser dynamics are usually labelled dynamic, and don't work in DS

Not the new stuff for dForce!  Neither by Optitex nor for Poser.

Dana

OK I edited it to make it more obvious what I was saying.

• DanaTA said:

It is my understanding that anything that says it's for dForce must also adhere to the ability to be used as conforming as well.  Someone correct me if this is not the case.

Dana

Broadly true - if it is something that won't work at all as conforming (see some of the scarf and shawl sets) then it won't be conforming, though it may haev rigging to help with set-up, but most garments will be conforming.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

Not sure I see the issue. in my experi8ence I can usually tell conforming from dynamic from the description most times. With dforce being the new thing now, you will probably not see many new dynamic options showing up in the store

But that requires going to every product's page individually. It's the difference between taking half a second to read the name and know that one product isn't for you, and taking ten seconds to go to the product page, read through the full description, decide that it's (probably) not for you, and leave the product page. Multiply that by all the products in your search results, and that's a big difference.

DanaTA said:

Dana

Broadly true - if it is something that won't work at all as conforming (see some of the scarf and shawl sets) then it won't be conforming, though it may haev rigging to help with set-up, but most garments will be conforming.

Thank you for clarification!

Dana

• How about Daz makes icons for features like dForce, dynamic, hdri, etc and allow creators to tag the items when they submit them. Then Daz can display those icons near the name of the product? This way people don't have to keep putting dForce and other things in the name of the product.

• How about Daz makes icons for features like dForce, dynamic, hdri, etc and allow creators to tag the items when they submit them. Then Daz can display those icons near the name of the product? This way people don't have to keep putting dForce and other things in the name of the product.

Those still need to be in the name of the products for search engine optimization off-site. 

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Thank you for clarification!

Dana

You could certainly conform the toga and palla from my roman set, but when the characters move at all you're gonna want a sim - those pieces are unriggable. The rest of the set is pretty movable, it just won't look as good unsimmed.