Unable to customize DS Workspace

MBuschMBusch Posts: 547

I am trying to load some custom layouts in DAZ Studio, but after loading any preset (custom or not) the UI freezes. Just the UI, the application is still running but I am unable to get any answer to my desperate clicks.

Running DS 4.6.0.18 Pro Edition (64-bit) on OS X 10.8.4.

Post edited by MBusch on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

MBusch said:
    I am trying to load some custom layouts in DAZ Studio, but after loading any preset (custom or not) the UI freezes. Just the UI, the application is still running but I am unable to get any answer to my desperate clicks.

Hello, which custom layout exactly? Using some of the preset ones in DS or something else?

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    MBusch said:

Hello, which custom layout exactly? Using some of the preset ones in DS or something else?

None preset, just a complete new dual monitor layout. See below.

Screen-Shot-2013-08-05-at-12.37_.03_.jpg
    1680 x 469 - 70K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I thought DS4.6 needed OSX 10.6+ to run smoothly.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I thought DS4.6 needed OSX 10.6+ to run smoothly.

Well, all I can say is apart of the aforementioned issue DS 4.6 runs very smoothly on my Mac Pro with OS X 10.8.4. In fact, since DAZ upgraded CMS's Valentina Database in DS 4.6 I don't remember to experiment any crash.

It may sound strange, though the freeze UI issue does not occur all the time. Sometimes I can make my customizations without any issue and they are kept, but sometimes the UI freeze immediately after click on Apply or Accept buttons.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Crap, my mistake. I read your post as OSX 10.0, not 10.8. >.<</p>

edited August 2013

Ok. I think figure out what is happening, but I would like someone try this before I bug report it.

If I choose any different layout from the current (whatever is it) and on the dialog box I press the Apply button and after the Accept button the UI just freeze and turns unresponsive. If I press just Accept button it just works fine as expected. Can someone try this steps to make sure that is a recurrent issue for other users?

Thanks!

Post edited by MBusch on