Smarter autofit

Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
edited July 2018 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

Autofit feature really needs to be improved.

Sometimes it's better to add Genesis 3 Basic M/F morphs to the previous generations by using GenX2 and export/import the OBJ of the clothes.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Requests to improve Autofit and/or complaints about it are not that uncommon. This will probably require a response from DAZ3d, unless someone is willing to write a whole new autofitting module.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

If you have ever done any modeling and understand how polygons and vertices work, you will have a whole new understandfing towards DS and autofit. It really is amazing that it all works like it does already.

prior to genesis 1 you had to transfer each of the morphs in the figure to each part of clothing each time you fit it and there was no smoothing or collision back then..

if you were a poser using and using V4/M4, you had to use morphing clothes to transfer any morphs to the figure in order to get any type of fit and then save that custom clothing for future use, it was a total pain, but it was the only way back then. Amazing how spolied we are now, LOL.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    edited July 2018

If you have ever done any modeling and understand how polygons and vertices work, you will have a whole new understandfing towards DS and autofit. It really is amazing that it all works like it does already.

prior to genesis 1 you had to transfer each of the morphs in the figure to each part of clothing each time you fit it and there was no smoothing or collision back then..

if you were a poser using and using V4/M4, you had to use morphing clothes to transfer any morphs to the figure in order to get any type of fit and then save that custom clothing for future use, it was a total pain, but it was the only way back then. Amazing how spolied we are now, LOL.

THIS^yes

I for one am even more grateful for the transfer utility.
    I if were still a poser user, there is no way I would be making my own clothing content . 

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Nothing wrong with wanting improvements!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Yes, I want dForce to be as fast and as good as ATP and similar cloth similation utilities. 

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2018

I may be wrong but it seems to me that Autofit, especially the collision algorithm is working somewhat better in the new DS4.11 beta. Of course it would be great to have a more realistic collision algorithm that doesn't suddenly decide to cause the clothing to engulf a finger that is pressing too close to the clothing, but I think I have seen some improvement. I, and I think many others, would be willing to pay for a collision system that understands that when cloth is trapped between body and finger/hand, the cloth never jumps out to cover the finger/hand.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Sure, but it helps to understand the difficulties involved; some people talk as if it's some easy thing that Daz is being stubborn or lazy and not doing. Or to make more reasonable requests.

'This VW Beetle is nice, but what it really needs is a button that transforms it into a SUV.'

vs

'This VW Beetle is nice, but I'd really like a plug for my phone so I can do hands free dialing or control music from my phone.'

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited September 2018

Autofit can't even convert G8F wearables to G8M without breaking it.
    G8F Male morph seems to be more reliable than "Auto-fit".

Liquid Armor for Genesis 8 Female(s) (No Smoothing Modifier)

Same pose with G8F

G8F with G8M Clone morph

G8F with AgentUnawares' Transgender morph

LiquidArmor01.JPG
    1176 x 529 - 86K
    LiquidArmor02.JPG
    556 x 395 - 28K
    LiquidArmor03.JPG
    637 x 508 - 38K
    LiquidArmor04.JPG
    633 x 512 - 32K
  • One way in which autofit could be improved would be for it to have more of the functionality of the Transfer Utility, particularly the ability to retain custom bones and merge hierarchies when converting clothing and hair. The code to do that is already there in the Transfer Utility, it'd be great to be able to access that when autofitting.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited October 2018

Autofit always fails to convert the crotch.

Original

Autofit

Autofit_0001.jpg
    470 x 442 - 20K
    Autofit_0002.jpg
    481 x 447 - 21K