Bueller? Anyone?

Kind of quiet. My excuse is that I was in Texas visiting relatives where it is a cool 109 Fahrenheit.

what is everyone working on?  A tree for the savannah?   What else?

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited July 2018

I Ted!

I'm not Ferris Bueller, but I'm working on my animated movie with 30°C outside and maybe 50 inside with 3 computers in my little office...

That's the end of the world here!

PS/ How many degrees Celcius are 109 Fahrenheit?

Post edited by DUDU on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

my r/l days bunch of doctory stuff >.<

vascular dr told me to wear compression socks.
    even vicki wouldnt wear those

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

@Dudu - 50 inside would be the end of the world almost anywhere!  109 F is about 42.78 C.  Is this another earthquake / disaster animation?  Really enjoyed the one I saw.

@Mistara - oh no, get well soon.  I googled compression socks for women.  Vicky would where paisley, I think.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,686
    DUDU said:

I Ted!

I'm not Ferris Bueller, but I'm working on my animated movie with 30°C outside and maybe 50 inside with 3 computers in my little office...

That's the end of the world here!

PS/ How many degrees Celcius are 109 Fahrenheit?

Hope you are staying hydrated with plenty of water to drink !!!!!

edited July 2018
    Mistara said:

There are some funky designs out there, do a google image search.

http://www.altaira.com.au/news/why-every-nurse-should-wear-compression-socks/

Funky socks.jpg
    600 x 600 - 140K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited July 2018
    Diomede said:

Kind of quiet. My excuse is that I was in Texas visiting relatives where it is a cool 109 Fahrenheit.

Must be a plant/vegetation day/weekend, I am updating all of my plant object files to Carrara.

ngplant comes with a heap of presets, will help to pad out the library.

http://ngplant.sourceforge.net/

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

I'm working on an 1800s russian text :)

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    Diomede said:

@Dudu - 50 inside would be the end of the world almost anywhere!  109 F is about 42.78 C.  Is this another earthquake / disaster animation?  Really enjoyed the one I saw.

No, this is the last sequence, it's in a kind of paradise on a fareway planet.
    This film is a 26 minutes, now it's time to rework the older sequences because I have learned a lot here and I began 4-5 years ago.
    I compose the music in the same time (it's my main hobby), and ask around me to record the voices for the characters.

Mistara said:

Misty, I use this kind of socks because of my regular gout flare but I'm not convinced that it's the

best think to do, elevate his legs but not easy to do in front of a computer! smiley

Bunyip02 said:

Hope you are staying hydrated with plenty of water to drink !!!!!

@ Bunny: I was a few days in the hospital one week ago because of that: I don't drink enought and my kidneys are in bad shape.. I said that I drink a liter of wine whith my evening meal, I'm not alcoholic but epicurean, but they want I stop from now, I think it's a very bad hospital...cheeky

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

I keep playing with fractals

exported from mandelbulber 3D as ply, converted to obj in Zbrush with their lovely vertex colours if it is not too big to UV map, many are

that take an hour to load into Carrara if they even do, DAZ studio seems more forgiiving if boring

wish Carrara could do 3D fractals natively

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    Selina said:
    Mistara said:

Or if you're prone most [all] of the day then be sure to raise your legs up past your head on occassion too. 

Misty, look after your legs... those stockings Buny posted are really cool! heart

Selina, I fell off my chair laughing... have you been visiting renderotica LOL!  devil

I have my first eye surgery coming in Sept to scrape (ugh) the nodules on my corneas. It looks like cataracts, but it's not. I have those, too, and they will be next as I cannot drive at night at all now. Then there's the AMD which has started.  So am binge reading and modelling and trying to just practice techniques I really need to use. I hope I have a few years before AMD really interferes as there's not much they can do about that yet, but there's some promising new procedures fingers crossed. I am so thankful for the NHS!

yes Silene

edited March 2021

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

im busy . although i thought i wasn't going to be,. for at least a little while , but now i am busy again.

..still popping in here :)

edited March 2021

a Mandelbulber video by a guy called Julius with a channel full of such awesome videos

I can watch these for hours 

my own renders not terribly long or impressive so far

it does spherical renders too so as well as animated textures and backdrops  I can at least get them into Carrara as 360 backgrounds.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    th3Digit said:

exported from mandelbulber 3D as ply, converted to obj in Zbrush with their lovely vertex colours if it is not too big to UV map, many are

that take an hour to load into Carrara if they even do, DAZ studio seems more forgiiving if boring

Thanks Wendy, that is a pretty astounding program.

Is there any way to get this into Carrara as a plugin, or is the format too alien?

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

I've been picking at making my own tree(s) from scratch. Not much to show at the moment. I still want to enter something in the current challenge...probably involving a landscape and...something. What do procrastinators tell themselves again?  smiley

Also have been painting the exterior of a rough brick house for current job...what a pain. And come Monday I have to start on the dreaded east side just in time for 108 degree temperatures. Yay.

@Mistara - Sending you healing vibes from the desert. I also read in another thread some other difficulties you are having - please take care of yourself and get well soon.

@Dudu - Please please drink lots of water. I only drink water and sometimes buy cranberry juice (why does it cost more to buy without extra sugar added??!!). Well, and beer on the week end...

@SileneUK - I hope all goes well with your surgery. I had to look up AMD - I also hope whatever new procedures are being developed can help you. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    Bunyip02 said:
    Diomede said:

Must be a plant/vegetation day/weekend, I am updating all of my plant object files to Carrara.

ngplant comes with a heap of presets, will help to pad out the library.

http://ngplant.sourceforge.net/

took a quick look at ngplant.  might be plugin eligible.  how would i get started on the sdk and plugin tutorials ?

edited March 2021

edited March 2021

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,798
    Selina said:
    Mistara said:

If you're on your feet all day - do as the policmen / women do and go up on your toes, lean forward, down on your heels and lean back [repeat] to exercise the calf muscles and help pump the blood back up to the heart. Or if you're prone most [all] of the day then be sure to raise your legs up past your head on occassion too. Whatever your circumstances, be a good girl and listen to your doctors - especially the dishy ones cheeky

which brings me to Sir Les Patterson... laugh surprise

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,798
    Diomede said:

I've noticed over the past few weeks it's been quiet over all the forums and boards..

the soccer world cup has finished so it's not that.. indecision

th3Digit said:

Thanks Wendy, that is a pretty astounding program.

Is there any way to get this into Carrara as a plugin, or is the format too alien?

well as I said as 360 animated or static  backgrounds and great for creating textures 

you can export ply mesh but it's very very simple compared to the complex fractals yet extremely highpoly and unUVed.

Some impossible to UV in anything I have, though they do have vertex colours Carrara cannot see 

so far UUW3D can if converted to FBX in Zbrush which also can, and Meshlab can, a Zbrush obj export also has vertex colours but thats even less compatible with anything.

It would be lovely if Carrara could do this but wishful thinking.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215511655178523&set=a.1489247885177.66148.1653360584&type=3&theater

a 360 from MB3D, I find the camera so confusing so rather crooked

if used in BG I might need to tillt a Carrara scene and camera to match!

edited March 2021

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    Stezza said:
    Diomede said:

I've noticed over the past few weeks it's been quiet over all the forums and boards..

its the tour de france - everybody is tired because they have to get dressed in lycra just to watch it - 

Stezza said:

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    Selina said:
    Stezza said:

Maybe it's the heat - too hot to be stuck indoors infront of a PC screen getting even hotter rendering... 

Schools were out in the US in mid June, they have just finished here this week.  July and August are traditionally quiet anyways, but the sunny weather here has, as you said, likely sent many outdoors. We take our granddaughter to the Nat Trust woodlands regularly to get out of the heat.  I am happy for UK resorts who are having a bumper summer season, though!

Stay cool!  smiley  Silene

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    th3Digit said:

It would be lovely if Carrara could do this but wishful thinking.

OK, thanks.  I will keep thinking wishfully. :)

i kinda like the giraffe socks smiley

i cant find the cutout plugin thread   >.<