ISO reference photos for male skin textures?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

besides the sk site, selection seems rather limited there

is there anywhere to look for (royalty free) photos of males all bodyparts to use as character textures?

thankssmiley

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

You might find something on deviant art; free all-body are extremely rare.

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 635

If you don't have much luck with completely free resources, Rendo sells some from time to time, both male and female. A recent example: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/arnost-male-full-figure-photo-references/127508/  You have to pay the upfront cost (sometimes on sale) but I don't think there's any royalty payment after that.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thanks.

not looking a freeb, but royalty free as in not wanting to pay a royalty for everyone sold.

even lighting and no obscuring shadows hard to find.
    wish these guys would shave before their photo shoots  lol shave everything would be even better. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

If you don't have much luck with completely free resources, Rendo sells some from time to time, both male and female. A recent example: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/arnost-male-full-figure-photo-references/127508/  You have to pay the upfront cost (sometimes on sale) but I don't think there's any royalty payment after that.

Those are licensed for commercial use -- everything for sale at Renderosity has to be, I think. The sets by Levius are in fact provided by 3d.sk; the Renderosity sets are smaller in number and somewhat lower quality. And understandably, Levius doesn't include all of the sets available at 3d.sk. (They have been putting a lot more sets on Renderosity these days. Wonder if something is going on.) Those sets do seem to go on sale about twice a year at half-price or thereabout.

Deviantart does have users who provide nude stock photos, although they're not focused on textures; they're more about reference for poses and that sort of thing. (There's even a person with the username of "thenudemalestock", of all things.) You have to poke around to find them, though. And I suspect most of them would object fairly strongly to having their photos used for that sort of texture, since that's not anything they had in mind when they put the photos online. Getting all the angles you need for textures with high enough resolution to retain detail and uncompressed formats (ideally) is just a fairly time-consuming and expensive process.