Is there a way to automatically move a prop in front of the active camera?

FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611
edited July 2018 in New Users

Is there a way to automatically move a prop right in front of the camera?  Let's say I load a prop into my scene.  I click the prop, click a button, then the prop automatically ends up right in front of the active camera. Is there anything like this in DAZ Studio?

Post edited by Flortale on

Comments

• I'm not sure Casual doesn't have a script for this (check the Freebie forum). You could also select both the camera then the prop and use the Align pane (though you'd then need to move the prop a bit to get it in front of instead of on top of the camera). If this si about loading an item in the right place, another option is to hold down alt(Win)/Opt(Mac) and drag the item from a content pane, there will be a target icon on the floor marking the override origin;  release the mouse button, then the modifier.

• FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611

I'm not sure Casual doesn't have a script for this (check the Freebie forum). You could also select both the camera then the prop and use the Align pane (though you'd then need to move the prop a bit to get it in front of instead of on top of the camera). If this si about loading an item in the right place, another option is to hold down alt(Win)/Opt(Mac) and drag the item from a content pane, there will be a target icon on the floor marking the override origin;  release the mouse button, then the modifier.

Thanks, this was helpful!