How do I move the right hand on Y so only the forearm, arm and shoulder move?

FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611
edited July 2018 in New Users

I'm coming from Poser.  In Poser I can select a figures right hand and turn on IK. I can move the hand up and the arm and shoulder also move, but the chest and the rest of the body don't move.  How can I mimic this in DAZ Studio?

If I click Genesis 8 right hand, there is no translate tool to move the hand precisely on the X or the Y or the Z.  I don't want to use the mouse to pose because it's not precise.

update.....

• Hmm, I figured out that if I hold shift while having the hand selected, I can move the hand on a single axis. This is good, but the chest and rest of the body move! What the hell.
  • This is weird. Unpin all is not working.  I have the chest pinned.  Then on the top left I click "unpin all", but the chest is still pinned.  I had to configure a hot key for "clear pins".

Post edited by Flortale on

Comments

• FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611
    edited July 2018

Okay I figured out a work flow. Hopefully this helps other people in the future.

1. Press F3, go to PowerPose, right click on toggle pins and set a hotkey. I used spacebar
    2. Also right click on clear pins and set a hotkey. I used CTRL-spacebar.
    3. Now let's say you want to move the hand only on the X, Y or Z axis.  First select the abdomen & chest on the scene explorer in the top right window, then click spacebar to pin them.
    4. Now select the hand and you'll see a movement reticle. (press shift once after selecting the hand in case you don't see it).
    5. Move the hand in the direction you want. You'll notice the rest of the body doesn't move.
    6. Once you have the hand where you want it, press CTRL-Spacebar to clear all pins.

It would be nice to somehow set a hotkey to auto pin the chest & abdomen so you don't have to select them in the top right scene window.

Post edited by Flortale on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

This might be useful to you: https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-pose-mixer

I found it very helpful and have used it a lot since I bought it.

• gederixgederix Posts: 390

FYI the powerpose pins are active pose pins, so you can also use the active pose tool to manually move body parts that respect the pinning. If you have the tool settings pane open you can also adjust the pinning from origin (default) to end to both, and also adjust the pin rigidity. Personally active pose is my primary posing tool, supplemented by the dials and powerpose, and I keep the tool setting pane docked for quick access.

There is also a second type of pins, universal tool, purple pins, only respected by the universal tool and its derivatives (translate, rotate).

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

This tutorial video from Daz 3D goes over using PowerPose and pinning various bones, etc.