Wearable Preset Prop for G8

I have a couple of questions regarding making a prop a wearable preset.

1) If i create a prop, say a bench, and make pose for G8 sitting on the bench, when I save it as a Wearable Preset, what settings do I select to make G8 'move to prop' in that pose so to speak if the prop is not at world center 0/0/0, ie: if I move the bench -125 on the X and -300 on the a Z?

2) do I parent G8 to the prop, or the prop to G8?  I've tried it both ways, and there are different options.  When I:  A) parent G8 to prop, when WEARABLE(S) PRESET SAVE OPTIONS window appears, I select POSE tab, INDLUDE POSE SETTINGS IN PRESET, do I check SMART PARENT TARGET TO WEARABLE at bottom of window, and what do I check/uncheck in the hierarchy tree?   when I B)  parent prop to G8, in WEARABLE(S) PRESET SAVE OPTIONS, I select POSE tab, check INCLUDE POSE SETTINGS IN PRESET, so what do I check/uncheck in the hierarchy tree?

I've tried so many different option combinations, and sometimes it loads G8 in the desired pose, but only at world center, not where I moved the prop to located away from world center.  Other times with different option combinationss, it loads G8 AND the prop at world center, so now I have 2 props in the scene. 

I know there is a way to save the prop as a wearable and have G8 snap ot 'move to' the prop where ever it is located in the scene, because I have bought props that do this.  I appreciate any advice, I've been working at this for days and am at the point where I'm tearing my hair out in frustration.  :P

Comments

• A wearables preset requires that the items to be loaded are parented to the item that will be present in the scene - so presumably you'd want Geensis 8 Female as the parent. I would strongly advise against trying to do this with the figure or prop off-centre, and I would advise using the hip on the figure to position it correctly on the bench (rather than the figure node).

• A wearables preset requires that the items to be loaded are parented to the item that will be present in the scene - so presumably you'd want Geensis 8 Female as the parent. I would strongly advise against trying to do this with the figure or prop off-centre, and I would advise using the hip on the figure to position it correctly on the bench (rather than the figure node).

thank you for the reply...I don't know if it makes a difference, but when I do the parenting and create the pose, I do it at world center...what I should have said is, after saving the pose, when I start a new scene to test it, I load the prop, then load G8 and apply the pose, it works great...but if I'm creating a scene where my bench prop is going to be -125X  and -300Z, I load the prop then move it off world center to those coordinates, then load G8 and apply the pose and what I want to happen is for it to 'move to' the location of the prop...I have purchased props that have wearable presets and actually do this...I hope my explanation makes sense on what I'm try to accomplish...I know the actual pose should always be created and saved at world center

• make sure you exclude the figure node from the pose, and that you position the figure in the scene using the figure node - this is general good practice, it keeps scene placement separate from any local adjustment (such as plonking her bottom on the bench).

• make sure you exclude the figure node from the pose, and that you position the figure in the scene using the figure node - this is general good practice, it keeps scene placement separate from any local adjustment (such as plonking her bottom on the bench).

did you mean to say exclude"figure node" from the pose, AND to use the "figure node" to position the figure in the scene?  just want to make sure I am following what you are saying...thanks again!

• Yes, use the hip to put the figure on the seat, with everything at the origin, and use the figure node to place the figure in the scene - that way you can apply a placement pose to bench and figure without altering the relationship between them at their new location.