Genesis - Manual Scaling

ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello there,
I'm curious as to whether anyone has experimented with manually scaling characters. Whilst this is aimed at Genesis the theory works with other Generations.

Several years back I did a series with G3 characters. Some I tems I had only worked on V3 and not SP3 so I scaled down V3 to SP3 size and then found I had to increase the head scale slightly. Normally this was a 5% shift i.e the figure scale became 95% and the head became 105%

Whilst the characters looked OK one their own without the head scaling, if you put several in a scene all with different heights and rendered them the small ones looked odd.

Now I've come do redoing the entire series and I'm using Genesis and the G4 characters and it looks like I'm going to have to do it again as well I don't 6ft tall Japanese women!
Anyone got any tips of formulas to organise this better...Again the problem only surfaces on group pictures and there is the added problem what some characters already have the heads rescaled via morphs so I'm looking for a ball park guide...
Obviously using the new Stephanie 5 or David 5 characters sorts this problem out but a lot of characters (including asian ones) work with V5 or M5

Thanks
Steve C

Comments

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

This is slightly embarrassing as I've just solved my problem very easily with something I bought ages ago and never used oops...
    Doubly annoying is the fact I also got the equivalent product for M4 and V4

Anyhow as I've started the thread and it might be used as reference at alter date by someone here is the proportion scaling solution that will shrink grow a figure without making the head overly big or small

For Genesis its called Shape of a Figure and inlucludes (amongst other things) a pair of new dials
    One called 8ft tall and the other 2ft tall. If you are going above Genesis 100% - (5'10") then you use the 8' dial.
    If going the other way...well I'm sure you can work it out!

For V4/M4 then you need Shape of a Woman/Shape of a Man.
    No dials this time, simply a pose preset for the height you need - job done.

Lastly I should mention for Fantasy Dwarfs and such like RawArt has some presets